Kitty Hawk / Panda Closing

madcat911

Someone will buy their toolings, they won't disappear, as far as I am concerned, between way too high prices, non quality plastic , and quite larger number of omissions on majority of their kits-not surprised, but more likely linked to the end of some sort of government subsidies.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, dreamwriter said:

There goes the chance for the new Cutlass they had announced ages ago...

Well, seeing their Banshee, is it that bad?

S.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Thomas V. said:

Someone will buy their toolings, they won't disappear, as far as I am concerned, between way too high prices, non quality plastic , and quite larger number of omissions on majority of their kits-not surprised, but more likely linked to the end of some sort of government subsidies.

Agreed. This was not an issue with one or two kits. Every kit had omissions. Decals not in correct color. Wrong markings. Parts missing. Not correct shape of certain part. Instruction steps missing. 

You name it, they had it. I have just two of their Su-17/22 kits in stash. I have not heard more criticism of the kits from one manufacturer for all the things we know of in our modeling world that could go wrong, and more. The surface detail is not bad though but just bad execution and lazy production.

• Like 2

I'm not going believe a company would announce their closure in such an amateur manner. I will await further info to be convinced.

30 minutes ago, Sebastien said:

Well, seeing their Banshee, is it that bad?

S.

Well,I get your point but,even with their track record,I'm sure that their eventually bad Cutlass,would still be better than the Hobbycraft kit. And a new tool would make new aftermarket parts appear too. And considering that right now you can't even find the Hobbycraft kit at a reasonable price,I'd rather have a new mold,even with errors. Same goes for their announced Su-25 Frogfoot.

• Like 3

There are further comments saying they are just closing production for now but will restart once retailers put orders in. If so, what a stupid post. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

Chances are the tools may appear in another makers boxes?🤔

This is 99% certain. It all depends on the price of the mould set for each model and how big the market is for the kit. Especially at a lower price than the current one in Kitty Hawk / Panda.

• Like 2

A shame. For all the negative comments in some cases the kits are the only ones available of the subject. Whether or not they reappear in another boxing may be a waiting game I guess, the Wingnut Wings kits haven’t reappeared yet........

Bad news, 

They had some pretty good kits too!

Their Su-17/22 line is the best out there, same goes for the Su-34.

Not easy to build, complex, but one could get great results! Some research is always necessary though!

• Like 1

In the Glen Coleman Facebook - world wide Rep. for : Kitty Hawk / Panda model companies.

https://www.facebook.com/glen.coleman.50999

KH.png

M. Coleman is also active as Kagnew in the Large Scale Planes (LSP) forums:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/89746-kittyhawkpanda-just-announced-they-were-closing-on-facebook/&do=findComment&comment=1285909

KAG.png

And another testimony on ARC

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/317592-kittyhawk-panda-just-announced-on-facebook-they-are-closing-down/&do=findComment&comment=3048834

Inquisitor

I was in talks with Sophia Lynm a few weeks ago to get clear parts replacement for their Su-34. She needed to check stock and get a reply. I was afraid I wouldn't get the parts after today's announcement and sent another email today to ask for an update.

From her reply she said the company won't be releasing new kits in the near future. But they'll keep selling their stock for a "long" while.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, B.sin said:

Who's next?

Any over-investing company. This is why so many manufacturers carefully develop the theme and make multiple boxes with different versions of the same aircraft. Of course, this is no guarantee of success, but it reduces the risk of failure.

• Like 2