Tamiya Messerschmitt BF109 G-6

Build #8 - Tamiya Messerschmitt BF109 G-6. Definitely starting to become a Tamiya fanboy! this one is up there with the P51, P38 and Spit! some serious thought and engineering went into this design and it was a joy to put together (as always with Tamiya) the quality and fit are excellent as you'd expect, again no need for filler or excessive force to complete the build. Granted the engine bay isn't as detailed as using aftermarket detailing kits, but its still better than you'd expect from using stock parts, and the unique way the engine bay is constructed sets this kit apart in my opinion!

As with my last build i masked off and painted in as much of the livery as possible which i prefer to using the supplied decals. The German insignias were a little tricky but i was more than happy with the result, the spiral on the nose came out better than expected too. the fuselage was my first attempt at airbrushing freehand, i had a few problems with my airbrush and couldn't seem to keep the pressure consistent which resulted in paint splattering - turns out it just needed a bloody good clean! I used Vallejo Mecha primer on this one which really helped with the yellow pigment which really doesn't like to be applied straight to plastic - I'm pleased with the final result, let me know what you think!

E28fwBrXEAEX0N-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E28f0KaX0AImShG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E28f-RtWYAMVPHG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E28gFahXMAEC9Kn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E28gKfXXIAQyXnQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E28gUBUXEAIHagK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E28gXQwWUAEkd4i?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E28gcBmXoAA4lPG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Very nice result.

I could Imagine that the spiral in the spinner ist a little bit tricky. One man, two parts, and an universe full of patience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

All the pic links seem broken to me…

Kind regards,

Joachim

HI Joachim,

Its odd, it seems to work for be fine for most members - i'm posting image links from twitter

E28fsC2XEAEVobz?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

17 hours ago, rakete173 said:

Very nice result.

I could Imagine that the spiral in the spinner ist a little bit tricky. One man, two parts, and an universe full of patience.

thanks for the comments, not as difficult as it looks - i created some masking stencils by fixing the supplied decals to some masking tape then cut them out using a VERY sharp scalpel, masked off the white bits and filled in the cammo -  did the same with the Luftwaffe insignia. seems to work very well. :)