RFM Replacement Parts - Headbanging

Peter Browne

• 2 months later...

@Peter Browne Hi Peter. From which of those two e-mail addresses did you get the response? I tried completing a parts request form on RFM's site a few times back in the spring and got nada. I wondered whether it may just arrive in the post from China a few weeks later without confirmation, but sadly not.

If you purchased in the UK then the UK seller is legally responsible in UK law for remedying any deficiency with a kit as purchased.  Don't for one second let them tell you otherwise. It is not for you to go searching out the OEM yourself.  The seller should give you parts from another kit from stock and then sort that out with the importer or OEM themselves. This Is The Way.  The Only Way.

Obviously if you've lost or damaged parts yourself then that is your own problem to solve.

I'm waiting for parts for a Tiger Models kit where I didn't discover they were missing until some years after purchase and couldn't remember where I bought it.  Tiger's website and Facebook presence both seemed to be dead.  I found out that Hannants are the UK agents for Tiger and they were good enough to put me in touch with someone at Kinetic, who now seem to own Tiger.  The same person also has an email address at Lucky Model.  The missing parts have been promised but have not yet appeared several weeks later.

• Thanks 1

@Das Abteilung I know. When it comes to the importance of knowing our consumer rights, you're preaching to the choir! 😁

The problem is that the retailer went out of business before I noticed the missing part. I'm a stickler for looking over each runner right after purchase, but somehow missed this; I think because the number tab is also broken off, so it probably looked like nothing was wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 5:29 AM, Ade H said:

@Peter Browne Hi Peter. From which of those two e-mail addresses did you get the response? I tried completing a parts request form on RFM's site a few times back in the spring and got nada. I wondered whether it may just arrive in the post from China a few weeks later without confirmation, but sadly not.

Yes eventually, though I don't know which address.  In the end I received the part, but I believe it was only after contacting the Australian distributor for RFM.  They put in a request to RFM for the part on my behalf, and I received it in a week or so.

• Thanks 1