Airfixs new Sabre (1/48)

What's not to like? It's a Sabre and it's camouflaged! I couldn't have done this in a month, much less in a week! Well done!

Mike

BTW, great job painting the markings!

1. Very nice. But the underlying serial to the port wing should have the 'X' go the outboard, reading from the rear. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. However it is very nicely made.

Stunning looking Sabre! Beautifully built and painted.

How come you painted the squadron markings instead of using the decals, are the decals ok? I have this in my stash but there’s no way I have the skill to paint something as intricate as roundel bars! 

13 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

Lovely stuff! Nice to build something properly OOB sometimes isn't it?

Definately!

1 hour ago, Paul J said:
  1. Very nice. But the underlying serial to the port wing should have the 'X' go the outboard, reading from the rear. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. However it is very nicely made.

Damn it.  Just looked at the paint guide.  You are right.  Not much I can do about it now and luckily it is effectly hidden when sitting on its landing gear.

39 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Stunning looking Sabre! Beautifully built and painted.

How come you painted the squadron markings instead of using the decals, are the decals ok? I have this in my stash but there’s no way I have the skill to paint something as intricate as roundel bars! 

Uniformity of the brighter green as it was needed on the nose, tail and fuselage marking.  I wanted all areas to match.  The decals in the kit are very good and settle nicely.  Be warned that there are a lot of stencils (almost every panel hatch has a stencil!!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigglesworth said:

Now that is nice! Such an iconic aircraft made just that much better by RAF livery. Dare we hope Airfix will do the same in 1/72?

Well since they released a new tool 1/72 Sabre in 2010, then I think it's quite doubtful that another die will be cast anytime soon.

Tony

• Like 1