Aoshima 1/24 Nissan GT-R Ken and Mary

Definitely not the most challenging to build , generally pleased with the result none the less , painted with Tamiya and Mr Colour Acrylics with Mr Colour Lacquer to finish.

The stock ride height was ridiculous, so I lowered it about 6mm which makes it look far better.

The interior is nothing special but I did use my own resin printed seats to try them out.

Also tinted the rear windows using Tamiya smoke which I think gives a nice effect.

B136-D487-4-D26-4-C05-ADF6-5-D3424-C9-C6

Edited by paulyoung666
Typo
  • Like 13

While I'm not a fan of the over-modified look of this kit, your build is another matter entirely - very well done and a lovely finish there. I'm also very impressed that you got such an even finish with the Tamiya Smoke - it took me three goes to get an even halfway acceptable finish when I used it.

In fact, I only have one complaint - needs more pictures! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spiny said:

While I'm not a fan of the over-modified look of this kit, your build is another matter entirely - very well done and a lovely finish there. I'm also very impressed that you got such an even finish with the Tamiya Smoke - it took me three goes to get an even halfway acceptable finish when I used it.

In fact, I only have one complaint - needs more pictures! :)

Yeah , you’re right , more pictures required , I shall sort some tomorrow , first time using the smoke paint , kinda just sprayed it , guess I got lucky 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

On 04/06/2021 at 16:10, Toftdale said:

Have to agree with Spiny, the cars not to my taste.  But you've achieved a flawless finish 👏 - Andy 

Appreciate that , it’s definitely a marmite car , I’ve got a modern gtr liberty walk to do as well , when the F14 is finished 😳

• 1 month later...

I don't mind tricked-up cars at all and your build is top notch!

The blue paint job has been excellently applied.

With the gold accents and striping, it is beautiful!