Me 109 e-7 trop Eduard weekend edition 1:48

Hello everyone after the winter period where my laboratory is unusable due to lack of heating and a series of injuries including that to the left hand and since I'm left handed it blocked me for some time, here I am.
I have deliberately chosen a fairly simple subject and to do OOB to test the hand movement skills and resume manual skills with the airbrush so don't expect a super fine job.
As for the assembly, as mentioned, it will be from the box without aftermarket as I want to represent the plane with all the enclosures closed, I mounted the engine to see if I could close the hood but in the end I had to cut it in half horizontally to close everything so wasted work.
Eduard opted for the complete engine to be modified for closing the engine compartment when he could very well make support plates for the exhausts.
The cockpit was assembled from the box, I only used the decals on the embossed dashboards and for the first time I used the vinyl seat belts to be glued with white glue, better than the decals, but the final effect no longer convinces me However, better than nothing.

Box art

spacer.png

Cockpit

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's all for now.

Cheers

• Like 8

I'm back, very good modeling session today.
WINGS AND UPPER FUSELAGE SURFACE
First I used the Mahogany from Gunze For the frist step of the preshading, darkened for the main panels with dark brown and in the areas of greater light a buff lightened with white in the spot areas in the center of the panels: dilution 80%

spacer.png

I then used rlm 79 of AK Real color diluted at 70/80% to a fine control of the coverage. Here is the result.

spacer.png

spacer.png

LOWER SURFACES AND FUSELAGE
For the lower surfaces I used for the preshading a mix that I had made for an f16, similar to the Intermediate blue of the ww2 but more charged with blue, for the main panels a true blue and for the lights of the panels a light gray, the latter very diluted for fine tone management.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Once dry I gave several passes of AK Rael Color RLM 78 very diluted until the result satisfied me

spacer.png

spacer.png

MIMETIC
Finally I used the  AK Real Color RLM 80 for the camouflage spots

spacer.png

spacer.png

For now it's all good evening everyone

• Like 14

Good evening everyone here we are at the end of this wip, thanks to a small holiday period for the Republic Day and the immoderate desire to work I managed to finish the kit in a weekend (a bit long to be honest: 4 days).

I will not comment much on the various phases which are the classic Gloss, decal , very light washes, Flat, filters and a bit of weathering, little touchs of mistake and assembly of weapons and small details.

I let the images speak for themselves, which are more than explanatory.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3