Revell 1/32 Bf109G-6.

Hi folk's this GB caused a dilemma, Like the advert I like getting my moneys worth so looking at options down

the LMS prices guided me.I've a good dozen or so built 1/48 Airfix,Revell and Tamiya 109's so looked at Eduards 

offering's as I only have one but all the above mentioned kits are around the twenty quid mark not far off the

price of Revell's 1/32 G6 sat on the shelf.10% discount off Revell kits and I was sold.

20210601_181626

For what turned out to be £21:99 you get a lot of kit!

20210601_181930

• Like 15

Was wondering what you'd bring to the party Steve and while I didn't expect this one it's come as a pleasant surprise :speak_cool:

• Haha 1

Good to see something other than the Eduard and Airfix 109's and in 1/32 thats even better . Built one of these when it first came out and i remember it being not as straightforward as i would have thought but good fun and just the right size for a intresting paint job .

Cheers

Alistair

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice choice Steve, and a very nice price too!

Will you be building it in the box art scheme from JG-5?

Hi Craig,going for the other scheme,heavier mottling and don't have to worry about the spinner decal!

2 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Good to see something other than the Eduard and Airfix 109's and in 1/32 thats even better . Built one of these when it first came out and i remember it being not as straightforward as i would have thought but good fun and just the right size for a intresting paint job .

Cheers

Alistair

Thank's Alistair I have built the G10 which shares most of the sprue's so know what you mean!

• Like 1

Hi folk's this kit spurred me on to taking down the G10 build from the ceiling and repair it so a new arial post and wire required.

20210603_190317

And first session with this kit was spent on the cockpit,paint and drybrush only.

20210603_185215

• Like 12

Hi folk's,fuselage cleaned up and upper portion of the wings added without issues.

each wheel well has three sections to box them in again great fit no issues.

20210613_190302

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Nice progress Steve. Sounds as if this is one of Revell's better kits.

It is Col,especially the wing assembly,looks complicated but very well engineered.

• 3 weeks later...

This is really moving along, by this time I would have just looked at the parts and read the instructions.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1