Lufthansa Boeing 737-100 in 1/144 scale

In my opinion the Boeing 737-100 in Lufthansa’s livery looks very elegant. Way back in the 60’s their baby 737 was a common sight at the Helsinki airport. I built the model from an Authentic Airliners resin kit. The decals are from a 26Decals sheet.

For ages we've seen the same familiar rudder scheme on Lufthansa's fleet. The cheatline has disappeared but the Lufthansa "meatball" has still stayed on. Now the company have renewed their traditional livery. IMHO its a pity! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Lovely job on one of the first of many!

Thank you!!

Cheers

Einar

Edited by Einar
Wrong name

7 hours ago, Einar said:

Now the company have renewed their traditional livery. IMHO its a pity! 

I do so agree, I've long liked the look of the yellow tail logo & when we saw a mixture of the old & new flying repatriation flights from New Zealand early last year, I thought the change a step backwards.

Your 737 looks great it the old scheme for sure.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Lovely work Einar, thanks for sharing.

Dave G

Thanks Dave!

6 hours ago, stringbag said:

A great result Einar.  Thanks for posting.

Chris.

Thanks Chris!

4 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautifully done!  This is one of my favorite schemes, too!  It's very business-like.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I do so agree, I've long liked the look of the yellow tail logo & when we saw a mixture of the old & new flying repatriation flights from New Zealand early last year, I thought the change a step backwards.

Your 737 looks great it the old scheme for sure.

Steve.

Thanks Steve 

Cheers 

Einar

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Excellent build and indeed an elegant and beautiful livery.

Thanks Berndt

Einar

• Like 1

Very lovely. I presume you meant "replaced" when you said "renewed". The latest Lufthansa livery is absolutely bland and uninspiring.

What was so lovely about this scheme - which was used on 737-100/200, 727s, 707s, DC-10 etc was the unpainted and highly polished lower fuselages.

The scheme became a bit less striking when 737-300/400s and Airbuses of various sorts joined the fleet because, although the basic scheme remained, the lower fuselages began to be painted light gray.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Very lovely. I presume you meant "replaced" when you said "renewed". The latest Lufthansa livery is absolutely bland and uninspiring.

What was so lovely about this scheme - which was used on 737-100/200, 727s, 707s, DC-10 etc was the unpainted and highly polished lower fuselages.

The scheme became a bit less striking when 737-300/400s and Airbuses of various sorts joined the fleet because, although the basic scheme remained, the lower fuselages began to be painted light gray.

Thanks Eric! You're quite right. I should have used the verb "replace". Sorry! 

I'm of the same opinion that the first versions of this livery were the most elegant and inspiring.

Einar