Hello from Sussex

TeaWeasel

Morning all, thought I'd introduce myself. 

Name's Joe, I'm a 27yo, long-time modeller from Sussex, been doing mainly WH40k for close to 15 years now, but enjoyed the smaller Airfix and Revell kits before that. Any other 40k fans might know of the large changes they've made to the game in 9th Edition, and that combined with the lack of games due to Covid has encouraged me to get back into scale modelling. Looking forward to the extra challenge of historical accuracy, whereas 40k allows for much more artistic licence.  

I currently have a 1/48 EE Lightning on my workbench awaiting decals, but my main challenge is the notorious 1/200 HMS Nelson from Trumpeter, along with the Pontos full-upgrade set. Was quite literally a drunken purchase, and while some of the smaller bits are done, the project's currently on hold until I find a space large enough for it. Will be moving flat in September so hopefully able to continue it there.

Thanks for reading,

TeaWeasel

• Like 3

Hello Joe. Let me be the first to welcome you.

Also it gives me a chance to say how annoying I find Warhammer.. 😄

I'm glad you've made the move back to 'proper' scale modelling. 🙂 Look forward to seeing some of your builds!

Ian

Hello Joe … :post1: from the windy city of Chicago USA. Im mostly aircraft here, but have over 500 painted miniatures from my D&D days(2nd edition). Still have a few hundred unpainted figures but no one to play with for 20 years now, so they're in storage. 

Dennis

Tea Weasel, what a cool user name, a story behind it? Welcome anyway Joe. No doubt you've worked out we come from all over, in my case, the other side of this big ball we live on. Looking forward to seeing your stuff. Drunken purchases. 🙄 I have learned not to shop under the affluence of incohol. :D

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the forums Joe!  I was into 40K back in the late 80s-90s.  I recently dived into large submarine models.  Glad to have you here.  
Brian

(California)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

New member, been a lurker for ages and decided to finally take the plunge by joining and de-cloaking...

From Manchester, long time modeller but returned to the hobby about 2 years ago.

Mostly aircraft modelling, 1/48 and larger, but will try my hand at any genre.

Retired now and living alone, so very fortunate to have the time to indulge my hobby! Lucky to have a third bedroom converted to my workshop-used to build in the shed outside but long cold winter nights forced me indoors!

there are obviously some fine builders in here so no doubt I'll be picking your brains from time to time with my stupid questions 😆

Once I get myself sorted, I'll post up some of my builds, here are a couple of my workshop to start with. It's actually changed a little since taking the photos, it's a constant WIP!

Cheers

Gary

resized_15160679-1654-4d09-b9a6-18864463

resized_af1445e8-d664-41f8-b6d2-70d4f522

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 01/09/2021 at 07:32, RidgeRunner said:

Welcome to a fellow Sussex dweller :). Originally from here? 

Whoops, didn't realise I had other replies on here, my bad.

Yeah grew up all my life here, now in South London so making the most out of Hannants while I'm (relatively) nearby!