Hi from Verona (Italy)

Giampiero Piva

Hello everyone,

I am a 72 year old modeller and have built 1/72 Luftwaffe aircraft since I was 12.

The characteristic of my production is that I have never owned an airbrush and therefore I only paint with  brushes.

I apologize for my bad English, a language I have never studied.

• Like 7

Gidday Giampiero, welcome aboard. There's nothing wrong with your English, in fact it's probably better than mine. I did study English at school, but only because I was told to. I hated the subject. 😫

I don't have an airbrush either, and only use brushes (otherwise known as 'hairy sticks'), although in my case the models are 1/600 scale ships.

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard sir.

Just remember the greatest ever works of art were completed by Italians with paint brushes so there’s absolutely no pressure!😜

Your English seems 100% to me so far and no-one really cares if it isn’t anyway. So just wade in and have fun! 👍

• Like 2

Welcome aboard! :clap2:

Your English is excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing your models! My brush painting is only sufficient for details, small details. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Giampiero !

As a fellow Italian modeller I'm glad to see you here, I've seen some of your models before and I've always been amazed by how good they are and by the result you achieved without an airbrush. Looking forward to see more of your models !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Che bellezza e che piacere un Norditaliano in piu`.🙂

Anch'io ho 72 anni e sono Milanese di nascita.Costruisco modelli da quando avevo 8 anni.

Le Tue verniciature sono eccezzionali e non invidiano niente a quelle fatte con l'aeropenna.

Saluti

Giampiero

Eh, io ho incominciato 'molto' più tardi, a 11 anni ! 😉 Grazie dei complimenti, ma anche tu non scherzi (vedo da anni i tuoi bei lavori).

Un saluto

Giampiero