1:48 C47 A Dakota 'Night Fright'

This is really nice build and they will be very happy to display it ...
Great work on the parapacks as well👍

Small comment though as it is highly probable that this aircraft had hedgehog flamedampers fitted to the exhausts..

The American small square flamedampers were i minority on d-day .

Nevertheless I have seen pictures of the long hedgehogs stacks and also when you see the pics  taken at d-day from aircraft formations front views you can make out the long exhaust stacks .

That’s all brother had them as well..

As I said just a comment as it doesn’t make your build look less 😉 and you can be proud that it will be displayed next to the real one which is a work of art as well ..

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

You've done exquisite work. Having built the Monogram C-47 and enjoyed it a lot, I have to ask what the Trumpeter kit is like to build.

• Like 1

I built the Trumpeter C47 some years ago, it is very detailed and goes together well but my one criticism of the kit is that the reduction cowl in front of the engine extends too far outside the cowling meaning that the propellers are too far away from the cowling. I never found a fix for this!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 12:10 AM, SAT69 said:

You've done exquisite work. Having built the Monogram C-47 and enjoyed it a lot, I have to ask what the Trumpeter kit is like to build.

Having built both, there isn't much in the physical  build, but the detail Trumpeter has put into this kit wins hands down.

On 6/1/2021 at 5:45 AM, 28ZComeback said:

I have the Trumpeter kit on the shelf. Also about $100 of resin. My goal is a Korean War C47 armed with 250 lbs bombs.  Did you add rivet details?? Really gorgeous. 

No rivet detail needed, it's all kit

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 6:37 AM, 28ZComeback said:

Question: did the para packs come with the kit?  They’re tremendous. 

No I had to have them CAD designed and 3d printed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Master Modeler. It goes to the right spot. Thanks for sharing. Regards, Orion

• Like 1

We don't see many 1:48 C-47/DC-3s actually completed so this makes a very nice change. Wonderful job, clearly thoroughly researched, to incorporate even the smallest of details. 

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:13 PM, Tiger331 said:

We don't see many 1:48 C-47/DC-3s actually completed so this makes a very nice change. Wonderful job, clearly thoroughly researched, to incorporate even the smallest of details. 

Well Done, Sir !

Thank you

• Like 1