LEGO Ducati

Having had my new LEGO Ducati delivered last week, I thought I'd start building it. Here we have the frame, engine, gear box, rear swinging arm, with mono-shock suspension and rear hub awaiting the rear brake disc. It's good to realise when turning the parts connected the two white rubber bands the V-four cylinder engine and pistons pop up and down in the cylinders. About 100+ parts already used. 

photo1-th.jpg

• Like 3

Here we are again, with most of the work done including clipping together a 35 link chain, but realising that on trying to build the last important piece, the nose with windscreen, that two parts are missing! So ordered those today from LEGO by email and had that confirmed by return, waiting 10 minutes on the phone for customer services to answer is not a good idea. So hopefully the parts won't take too long. When I built the Land Rover Defender the missing parts on that one came from Sweden.

photo1-th.jpg

Yes the chain drives the rear wheel and the engine pistons pop up and down in correct firing order, all front and rear suspension and steering works fine.

• Like 5

Thanks mbdesignart. There's no scale shown on LEGO boxes. But as I've bought it indoors to make space for another build, the dimensions are Front of front tyre to the back of the back tyre 31cm, Height to the top of the fuel tank 17cm and the width across the fairing is 9cm. The two main exhausts from the front to the back, which include the silencers, but there are two short pipes that tuck in and out of the frame from the engine block.

Apologies the exhaust info is of a Tamiya Ducati kit I'm building whilst waiting the 9-12 working days when they expect to deliver the LEGO spares.

The LEGO exhaust is just two pipes connected to engine underneath, then exit appears as a decal/sticker below the fairing.. So the whole exhaust is supposedly hidden within the frame but you don't see it or build it only the front and end is shown.

• Like 1

Finished the LEGO Ducati Panigale V4R

The two pieces that were missing from the kit arrived yesterday, so I finished it today around the front fairing and added the Ducati 'stickers' that are sticky and need to be placed right first time.

photo-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

• Like 3

I think you’ve had very bad luck there, @PatW. The kids and I have been building Lego sets for 20 years, and I’ve built the big Technics cars and Land Rover in recent years. I can honestly say I have never had a missing part. We usually end up with a sandwich bag of additional small bits (10-20 or so) like single stud squares or circles. My own experience of Lego’s quality control is that it’s stellar…

best,

M.

• 1 year later...