Tamiya 1/24 Alpine A110 Monte-Carlo 71

22 hours ago, Andy J said:

If I gave her that choice she would choose the Focus all day long.....she can't stand any model of Porsche hates them with a passion for some reason....which is fine by me cus she will never want to drive it. That's one hell of a Focus and that colour is spot on 🙂👍

Got to be honest, I'd have the Focus in front of the Cayman too (although it's probably a bit too similar to my current car to warrant that price).

As for the Alpine, I'm liking the way this is turning out - should look great when finished.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hamden said:

That's one smart Alpine Andy your best to date IMHO

Stay safe            Roger

Thanks Roger I'm very happy with the results so far 🙂👍

14 hours ago, Spiny said:

Got to be honest, I'd have the Focus in front of the Cayman too (although it's probably a bit too similar to my current car to warrant that price).

As for the Alpine, I'm liking the way this is turning out - should look great when finished.

Thanks Spiny I appreciate your comment 👍 

The Alpine looks gorgeous , the foil work looks great,  fantastic work Andy.  Not used the foil before myself I have some, but and I know this sounds daft, but am a little afraid of using it, must get some of that glue and use some.

The Cayman for me over the Focus,  the shape alone does it for me, gorgeous.  When I scrolled down the thread, I thought you'd  got one for a minute!!!

Great work 

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

The Cayman for me over the Focus, 

If the Focus was a sensible price I'd probably choose it - but you could get a nearly new 4 litre Cayman GTS for similar money so there'd actually be no choice!! But I didn't win Euromillions again last night so it's all academic....!! 🤣

Keith

• Haha 2

So very little time at the bench today but I'm now at the stage where the next job will be to apply the decals 🙂. The front and rear end are now complete other than a small amount of fettling at a later date so here's the latest pic's although tbf things haven't really changed that much 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So like I say not a massive difference however I think once the decals are in place the build should come together nicely. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 11

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooooo that's looking rather tasty even without the decals Andy, great job fella.

Chris

Thanks Chris I reckon it'll look much better with the decals in place 🙂👍

• Like 1

So at last now I'm making progress with most of the decals applied this build is starting to come together. Down to the last few details now but I'm not going to rush through the final stages as mistakes now can prove to be very costly. One proper session should see this one over the line and I'm looking forward to moving onto the next one. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully tomorrow I can put this one to bed I'm looking forward to seeing the final results. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

That does look good , Andy . The French yellow light bulb thing is a nice detail . 
Gary . 

Thanks Gary I still need to add the clear parts for the headlights but I agree the yellow bulbs are very rallyish 🙂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

I agree the yellow bulbs are very rallyish 🙂👍

I never had yellow bulbs in any of my rallyish cars, must be some continental rallyish affliction....!! 🤣

She is absolutely stunning Andy, c'est magnifique....!! 

K

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks wonderful Andy.  Crikey that's a lot of decals. Any update on the 1:1 Focus Special yet???😉

Great work on the Alpine.

Chris

Thanks Chris there aren't actually that many decals mate I think it looks that way because the car itself is so small even at this scale. As for the Focus Special well the 2 i had lined up for viewing were sold almost immediately a case of snooze you lose unfortunately but the hunt continues 😉👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I never had yellow bulbs in any of my rallyish cars, must be some continental rallyish affliction....!! 🤣

She is absolutely stunning Andy, c'est magnifique....!! 

K

Thanks Keith just final fettling required now and some rather tricky looking metal decals and that should be job done 🙂👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I really struggled with the metal decals on the 350, mainly because they'd lost all their stickiness - had to use tiny drops of glue n' glaze to stick them on! Hope yours work better!

K

I had a similar issue on my road-going A110 and had to do something similar, Keith.  I also applied my metal decals before I joined the body to the chassis or even added the glazing, which meant I could give the whole thing a coat of clear to keep everything in place.

• Like 1

Well I'll be adding the metal decals shortly so I guess we'll see the outcome in the next update later today 😉👍

• Like 2

Right so the Alpine A110 is finished and I'm very happy with the final result 😀. Unfortunately the metal decals didn't work out to well so the Alpine logo across the front is missing 😕. But these things happen occasionally and although it's a shame I don't think it detracts to much from the finished build so I'm not to concerned 😉. Here's a teaser pic with proper photos to follow shortly in the rfi section 

spacer.png

As always a massive thank you to everyone who followed along and commented on the build much appreciated 🙂👍

• Like 10