1/24 Harrier GR.3 and Flightpath windscreen frame

goon

Hi All,

Has anyone built the 1/24 GR.3 with the Flightpath windscreen frame? I was wondering if it was best to remove the frame from the plastic part before fitting. I'm not sure I can get a replacement if it goes wrong.

Cheers,

Gareth

Edited by goon

Steer clear of the windscreen Flightpath addition, I fitted it to my 1/24 Sea Harrier. I was so unimpressed I took it off and have spent hours removing the damage to the kit part. 

My opinion, just saying.

The photoetched canopy frame is an interesting concept.  But in execution...I've never seen it work, and the risk of damaging or destroying your clear parts in the process is very high.  Glues that are strong enough to hold he photoetch down are extremely dangerous to clear parts...and glue that isn't dangerous to the clear parts are never strong enough to keep the photoetch down.

I might put the etch frame in my scanner and use it to make a new adhesive vinyl piece on my Sizzix Eclips2 cutter and try that instead.  Give you that 3d appearance without all the risk.

Thanks both. That's a very good idea Cameron, I've got a silhouette cutter and some vinyl squirrelled away. 

Cheers,

Gareth