An-28 at a rural Siberian airfield, 1995 - Eastern Express

IMG_20210531_111155.jpg

No story behind this vignette! I just fancied making a small airliner, the Eastern Express An28 kit was available at a good price and the Unarmed GB was nigh.

It needed quite a bit of work to get everything looking right and I think it is sitting too high on its wheels, but at least the decals were good.

Accessorised with the Eastern Express airstairs (with lots of Vallejo weathering paints) and a repainted N Gauge container alongside some Presier figures. Finally a use for all the figures carrying bags.

I've since picked up another An28 and An14 for a larger scene including one of the fascinating wooden airport buildings that you find out there.

IMG_20210531_111442_086.jpg

IMG_20210531_111503_234.jpg

IMG_20210531_111525_408.jpg

The WIP story with tales of the plane taking flight (twice) and the filler needed!

• Like 23

Excellent!

Anybody who can make a good model from an Eastern Express kit has my respect. Love the weathering on the steps and the container.

:goodjob:

Dave G

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Excellent vignette!  This is really the thing and captures everything just so...  One of the passengers is arriving a tad late, with unsmiling dispatchers muttering: "come on, come on..."  Cue "Volga Boatsman's Song."  LOL.  What's the inscription on the container say?  Something ironic?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Excellent vignette!  This is really the thing and captures everything just so...  One of the passengers is arriving a tad late, with unsmiling dispatchers muttering: "come on, come on..."  Cue "Volga Boatsman's Song."  LOL.  What's the inscription on the container say?  Something ironic?

Thanks for enjoying it 😁

Not sure about the wording, its a spare text from the giant decal sheet included with the airstairs. I think it says something like Ascension.