1/48- Mil Mi-24 "Hind" family by Trumpeter - Mi-24D & P released - Mi-24A & Mi-35M announced

Homebee

Hi all,

I have read all the comments and I understand that we have a Mi-24V Hind E in this box instead of a Hind D.

I want to make a czech Mi-35 (which is the export name of the Mi-24V Hind E) :

7360-czech-air-force-mil-mi-35_Planespot

So I can do it. Right ?

Dom

Edited by Dom_33
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dom_33 said:

Hi all,

I have read all the comments and I understand that we have a Mi-24V Hind E in this box instead of a Hind D.

So I can do it. Right ?

Dom

If you buy ASO-2V chaff dispenser - yes. And of course decals :)  I am not also sure if there are radar warning antennas 'Bieriozka' present in Trumpeter kit - this should be checked.

Edited by stakor
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, exdraken said:

Go for a Zvezda V.... it will even look like one, and has decals;)

And us half the price....

One of the main features of any aircraft is the surface especially when riveted or corrugated. I'd agree with you IF Zvezda included the rivet decal sheet in the box. Bulk buying would reduce the cost and sourcing issues for customers.

The ILK will appeal to those enthusiasts who want detail the depressions (as on the KH UH-1* kits) make adding them much easier. By the time other areas have been detailed I'd suspect the ILK option won't look so bad after all.

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

One of the main features of any aircraft is the surface especially when riveted or corrugated. I'd agree with you IF Zvezda included the rivet decal sheet in the box.

if (questionable )detail is more important than general shape and one is even willing to pay lots more why not!

I for myself once modified a Monogram Hind to have the fuselage tilt. I really like the purposeful un-symmetry of this design! :D

Hope to add a Zvezda V model soon to my display cabinet. ... and I do hope to see many Trumpeter Hinds as well over here! maybe I will get convinced ;)

so many schemes, such a mean looking Crocodile! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

I for myself once modified a Monogram Hind to have the fuselage tilt. I really like the purposeful un-symmetry of this design! :D

Hope to add a Zvezda V model soon to my display cabinet. ... and I do hope to see many Trumpeter Hinds as well over here! maybe I will get convinced ;)

so many schemes, such a mean looking Crocodile! :thumbsup:

I started one of those 'improvements' myself some years back. I've no idea where it's gone.

I'll also wait until Trumpeter's Hind shows up on build threads before I decide for sure. Interesting times.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2021 at 11:36, Dom_33 said:

Hi all,

So I can do it. Right ?

Dom

The Zvezda has everything for this version, including geometry

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48- Mil Mi-24A/D & V "Hind-B/-D/-E" by Trumpeter - Mi-24D released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48- Mil Mi-24A/D/V "Hind-B/-D/-E" by Trumpeter - Mi-24D released - new Mi-24A announced !
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48- Mil Mi-24A/D/V & Mi-35M "Hind-B/-D/-E" by Trumpeter - Mi-24D released - new Mi-24A & Mi-35M announced !

Neat! Both look promising. 

I keep hoping for a quarter scale Super Hind (whole kit or conversion set) 
So far only Hasegawa touched that subject in 1/72nd and it was a limited affair, so chances of getting one of these are slim.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 10:49 AM, Homebee said:

Mi-24A.png

Is it an external fuel tank under the wing?? Mi-24A and Mi-24Ds till late series they had only internal tanks in use. There was no instalation for wing tanks. Hope they will add UB-32A24 rocket launchers instead of B8V20 that are in their current boxing and were not used on Mi-24A and Mi-24D.

• Thanks 1

I do like the Hind B and would love to model a late scheme Vietnamese one.

I did wonder if Zvezda would upscale their early Hind, does the 48th Trumpeter Mi-24 kit feature the distinctive fuselage lean?

On 6/1/2021 at 9:21 AM, 71chally said:

If it's done by the Trumpeter A-team and features the distinctive fuselage lean, which I believe their 32nd version doesn't (?), t

You believe correctly, my friend. IIRC, only the Zvezda 1/48th kit reproduces the slanting fuselage configuration. Not wanting to be a smart-bottom, but the Trumpeter kit is 1/35th (not 1/32). 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 6:24 PM, MarcV said:

you could grow tomatoes behind that greenhouse windshield, although not the crop of choice in Afghanistan.

Marc.

Ochre? Corn? Wheat? Or (maybe) something a little more habit-forming.....

Chris. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

You believe correctly, my friend. IIRC, only the Zvezda 1/48th kit reproduces the slanting fuselage configuration. Not wanting to be a smart-bottom, but the Trumpeter kit is 1/35th (not 1/32). 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Does the A have that lean as well?

2 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

Does the A have that lean as well?

An educated guess? Yes, it does. Apparently, the lean is a way of counter-acting excessive torque from the engines. 

Chris. 

8 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

An educated guess? Yes, it does. Apparently, the lean is a way of counter-acting excessive torque from the engines. 

Chris. 

I knew why it's there, it's just pretty hard to see on an A.

• Like 1