1/48- Mil Mi-24 "Hind" family by Trumpeter - Mi-24D released - Mi-24P in April 2024 & Mi-24A & Mi-35M announced !

Homebee

After the Zvezda's kits, Trumpeter pulled a hind out of his hat! 

Trumpeter is to release in late July 2021 a 1/48th Mil Mi-24D "Hind-D" kit - ref. 05812

We can just hope it'll be a new tool kit and not just a Mini-Hobby kit variant/re-edition under the Trumpeter label. Wait and see :

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235019038-148-mi-24v-hind-coming-from-trumpeter/

Source: http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=207&l=en

Box art Mi-24V "Hind-E" - ref.0???

10798299b.jpg

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10798299

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

Interesting boxart :D

does this Czech display Hind really shoot a rocket out of is fancily painted smokesystem / missile launcher? 

At least gear is down....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

does this Czech display Hind really shoot a rocket out of is fancily painted smokesystem / missile launcher? 

I think it's called 'artistic licence'; still, if the kit's done by Trumpeter's 'A Team', I'd forgive them the slightly odd box art!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

I enjoy the Bohemian Switzerland in the background. ;)

• Haha 2

Interesting development. 

If it's done by the Trumpeter A-team and features the distinctive fuselage lean, which I believe their 32nd version doesn't (?), then this will be great and detail wise would likely beat the Zvesda kit.

But no lean, no buy!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

The tilted cabin would be a plus, but it won't stop me from getting one.

To each his own, of course, but in my opinion the fuselage twist is one of the definining characteristics of the Hind.

For me this would be similar to saying "The inverted gull wing would be a plus, but it won't stop me from getting this Spitfire."   ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 3

On 6/3/2021 at 7:59 AM, Hook said:

To each his own, of course, but in my opinion the fuselage twist is one of the definining characteristics of the Hind.

For me this would be similar to saying "The inverted gull wing would be a plus, but it won't stop me from getting this Spitfire."   ;)

It sure is, but for me it's not that apparent unless looking at it from upfront. If nobody brought it up on the modeling forums, I probably wouldn't have ever noticed (and I saw a Hind in a museum).

On the other hand, I definitely am not buying a newly tooled 1/48 Hind kit with the level of detail roughly on par with Italeri 1/48 kits from the early 90s with the extra kick of blank cockpits and no rivets included, which Italeri even had on their 1/72 Hind kits (even if overscale).

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 2

Thwfuselage tilt/twist is very appearance because the hole helicopter sits/leans asymmetrically to one side.actually only the cockpit sits straight upright, all the rest is not.

Also the landing gear sits differently, as do the wings relative to the ground!

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48- Mil Mi-24V "Hind-E" by Trumpeter - released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48- Mil Mi-24D & V "Hind-D/-E" by Trumpeter - Mi-24D released
1 hour ago, B.sin said:

Now, it will be another month, before we see the actual plastic.  Just saying. 😎

Beat me to it. Sprue shots would be good but if this is anything like the Chinook that's 'another' piece of insulation in the bag.

The early Hind -D / Mi-24D is good! Missed that aspect up until now!

That gives many additional marking options over the Zvezda kit!

Dufferences are mostly in targeting / nav equippment on the nose and different anti tank guided missiles/ characteristic double launchers on the outer wing pylon stations!

I assume any early  Mi-25/ export Hind can also be built now!

Next: Mi-35M with X tailrotor and shortened stabbings  and fixed landing gear please :devil:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 8:22 AM, B.sin said:

Now, it will be another month, before we see the actual plastic.  Just saying. 😎

It seems the sprues are posted on the Trumpy page now, though rather small images only.

Doesn't seem to have that many parts, but perhaps not all of the sprues are shown (e.g. I see only three rotor blades shown). At least it's not a MiniHobby kit re-released.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dudikoff said:

It seems the sprues are posted on the Trumpy page now, though rather small images only.

Doesn't seem to have that many parts, but perhaps not all of the sprues are shown (e.g. I see only three rotor blades shown). At least it's not a MiniHobby kit re-released.

610b438822dce.jpg

610b4389857f0.jpg

610b438af38e3.jpg

610b438cbd746.jpg

610b438e42cc9.jpg

610b438fb4aab.jpg

hard to talk about an airframe kink from this images....

the few cockpit/ fuselage frames look rather symmetrical to me though. Hope I am wrong!

definitely the most boring markings they could possibly find.... :(

38 minutes ago, stakor said:

Oh no!!!! Sprues are not Mi-24D but only for Mi-24E version :(. Big disappointment...  

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/Uploads/202106/60dac04583272.jpg

I fear you are right... :(

weapons and targeting equippment are for the V/P version only 

:wall:

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...