A rare bird! Tornado EF3, 11(F) Sqn - 1/32 Conversion

Outstanding work! I think you are right Alan about the natural light photo, you would struggle to tell it from the real thing if the model had a 'sky' background. Congratulations on a superb build. Well done!

• Thanks 1

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as the EF3 Tornado so not only did I get to see a fabulously built model, but I got some education too!

• Like 1

Hi mate what a stunner and real quality modelling. Very niche subject and memorable for being different👋.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sidewinder1 said:

Outstanding work! I think you are right Alan about the natural light photo, you would struggle to tell it from the real thing if the model had a 'sky' background. Congratulations on a superb build. Well done!

Thanks very much, must try out my editing skills and see what it looks like!

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as the EF3 Tornado so not only did I get to see a fabulously built model, but I got some education too!

Thanks again SAT. I'd heard of them, and there were a few photos around but the research for the build was very interesting. There's not much information out there though!

27 minutes ago, speedy said:

Hi mate what a stunner and real quality modelling. Very niche subject and memorable for being different👋.

Thanks very much Steve, niche is a great word for it, and the dynamic pose is right out of your playbook as well!

15 minutes ago, VolkerR. said:

Outstanding! You can be proud of your effort.

Thank you Volker, very nice comment and much appreciated 👍

Thanks again, hope to put some other photos of it up soon.

Alan

• Haha 1

Alan you have built a phenomenal F3 and what a lot of work you put into this gorgeous model.   The sleeker lines captured very well with your conversion work.  It has been an enjoyable WIP and a pleasure to watch .  The dynamic pose of the model is wonderful and as Sidewinder1 said if you had a sky backround you would be very hard pushed to tell if real or model.

Fantastic work fella. Looking forward to the Beaufighter. 

Chris

• Thanks 1

That is just fantastic, it looks very animated in that climbing pose, with the crew on board. We don't see enough 'in flight' models, and certainly not in 1/32.

Brilliant job!

Cheers

john

• Thanks 1

“Hello,Alan” - What can you say about such a stunning build? It’s a magnificent result and a true testament to your skills.1/32 scale kits have a real ‘presence’ and this superb tribute to the Tornado and 11 Squadron has that in abundance.

Wonderful to see and hoping all’s well with and for you.👏😎👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much @Deano353@gazza l @At Sea for the very welcome comments 🍻

4 hours ago, tomprobert said:

An absolute beauty and a pleasure to follow your in progress thread too - inspirational stuff.

Many thanks Tom, inspiration repaid in your case! Thanks for your supportive comments during the build.

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Alan you have built a phenomenal F3 and what a lot of work you put into this gorgeous model.   The sleeker lines captured very well with your conversion work.  It has been an enjoyable WIP and a pleasure to watch .  The dynamic pose of the model is wonderful and as Sidewinder1 said if you had a sky backround you would be very hard pushed to tell if real or model.

Fantastic work fella. Looking forward to the Beaufighter. 

Chris

What can I say Chris but thanks yet again for cheering the build along when I was flagging 👍

3 hours ago, Viking said:

That is just fantastic, it looks very animated in that climbing pose, with the crew on board. We don't see enough 'in flight' models, and certainly not in 1/32.

Brilliant job!

Cheers

john

Thanks John, I agree and will try to improve the ratio whenever I can!

45 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

“Hello,Alan” - What can you say about such a stunning build? It’s a magnificent result and a true testament to your skills.1/32 scale kits have a real ‘presence’ and this superb tribute to the Tornado and 11 Squadron has that in abundance.

Wonderful to see and hoping all’s well with and for you.👏😎👍

Thanks very much indeed, really appreciate your kind comments, like Tom you're one of my modelling heroes 😁 All is well here for now and enjoying the beautiful weather at last! 

All the very best and take care of yourselves,

Alan

• Like 3

Brilliant, absolutely amazing! It’s so realistic, I’d love to see that with a diorama or sky background, it would look just like the real thing.

What a shame the RAF didn’t pursue the idea and have two or three squadrons of these in a wild weasel role. 

• Thanks 1

Alan, after all the hard work you've put in that's an absolute cracker!

As others have said, it's a real shame the real thing never went any further than a proof of concept. That said, I'm not sure I'd have fancied the job.....😳

• Thanks 1

Absolutely outstanding Al. Thats a spectacular conversion, requiring a heck of a lot of extra work and you've certainly pulled this one out of the bag. The finish is superb and as someone mentioned earlier with a sky background and editing out the support, this would indeed pass for the real deal.

A build to be proud of indeed. Nice one!

Rgds,

Eng

• Thanks 1

Thank you again, really appreciate the comments @Back in the Saddle @exdraken @jackroadkill @2lefthands

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Brilliant, absolutely amazing! It’s so realistic, I’d love to see that with a diorama or sky background, it would look just like the real thing.

What a shame the RAF didn’t pursue the idea and have two or three squadrons of these in a wild weasel role. 

Thanks very much LR, coming from you that's high praise indeed :worthy: I had a go at a background but it needs work :laugh:

tn_F3 Background

1 hour ago, DougC said:

Alan, after all the hard work you've put in that's an absolute cracker!

As others have said, it's a real shame the real thing never went any further than a proof of concept. That said, I'm not sure I'd have fancied the job.....😳

Thanks very much Doug! Yes, would much prefer to be loitering well clear of all that ground clutter :lol:

All the best and thanks very much again,

Alan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Agent K said:

Spectacular! Amazing build of a favourite aircraft and squadron of mine.

Thanks, and me too!

3 minutes ago, eng said:

Absolutely outstanding Al. Thats a spectacular conversion, requiring a heck of a lot of extra work and you've certainly pulled this one out of the bag. The finish is superb and as someone mentioned earlier with a sky background and editing out the support, this would indeed pass for the real deal.

A build to be proud of indeed. Nice one!

Very kind of you Grae, thanks very much 👍