No mail, low morale! US postal battalion WAC 1/35

Ted

Can't resist a blitzbuild.

I had this Bronco figure in the boneyard and after some wikipedia-ing I found out about this WAC unit. "No mail, low morale" was the motto of the US 6888th Central Postal Directory Battalion, the only American all black, all female unit to serve in Europe during WW2. I needed a different cap and dug through all my spares to find one. 

20210530_165157

The kit is very detailed. I built the two British figures (ATS and RAF) that came with the set and put them in a Blitz diorama a few years ago.

20210530_165310

20210530_171042

• Like 5

Got her assembled. I made a base with some sheet styrene and a latex sheet of cobblestones. I doused it with CA glue to make it solid.

20210530_185812

20210530_185821

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I love the MG in the diorama Ted, is the Airfix K3 ?

It is, thanks Jockney, I love the Airfix 1/32 cars.

Our postal soldier is mostly painted now. I still have to highlight and shade her skirt, And finish the base. Behind her are all of the paints I've used so far.

20210530_212319

• Like 7

Thats looking very life-like.  I've never done any figure modelling and find it amazing to see what can be done with paintbrushes, different shades of colour and patience!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Beggsy said:

Thats looking very life-like.  I've never done any figure modelling and find it amazing to see what can be done with paintbrushes, different shades of colour and patience!

Thanks Beggsy!

I got the model finished last night, six hours passed with about two hours of TV break to watch a couple episodes of Restoration Home. And a takeout calzone for dinner, sorry, no photos of that.

More foccussed photos in the gallery.

20210530_225232

• Like 4