"pibber" the vietnam patrol boat river

Hi, I had this model in my stash for more than one year, I finally decided to give it a go.

I'm building the cabin

the only modification I did so far is the two red buttons near the wheel as I have seen while looking for reference

IMG_20210530_223147

• Like 14

I bought this last year and was thinking about making a start soon!  I will be following with interest.  Love the progress thus far - very good indeed!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi, after a few days of getting used to mosquitoes and hot weather , I'm back on the modelling bench.

here's some updated photos

first step: base color is a mix of tamiya olive green and IJN gray, then some liquid mask

IMG_20210618_123019

second step: main color is tamiya olive green. I added some dark shadows with very thinned black , and to make the scratches less obvious I airbrushed over a very thin layer of Khaki+ olive green

IMG_20210619_123558

IMG_20210619_123653

• Like 12

thank you for the encouraging comments I really appreciate !

after watching a few tutorials I started painting the first figure. I'm not expert on painting figures and though there's always space for improvement I'm quite happy on how this one turned out  .  base colors were tamiya airbrushed ( flat flesh, khaki for the vest, and olive green for pants).  details with vallejo colors. and a dark brown oil wash for the vest.

IMG_20210629_223403

as maybe you can see I added two brass tubes for the rigging. the nylon thread I had was two thin and I couldn't glue it on the holes

IMG_20210629_223434

• Like 8

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Sharpscale said:

Great paint job. The red bandana on the figure adds so much to the overall build.

Where did you pick the kit up from?

Thank you! 

I bought this kit in a model store near Verona, italy. By the way there's a version of this kit with more details on the engine. You can check on scalemates.com 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moondrome said:

Thank you! 

I bought this kit in a model store near Verona, italy. By the way there's a version of this kit with more details on the engine. You can check on scalemates.com 

Thanks have just found it on scalemates! Holds up really well for a 1991 release