Heller 1/24 Renault R8 Gordini

So my first Heller kit is finished and although a challenge at times all things considered I'm quite happy with the final results. Here's a few pic's of the finished build 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So time to tidy the bench up and prepare to start the next one tomorrow. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

That's turned out nicely, this kit is definitely on my radar as there's something about it's square boxiness that I find quite appealing.

It's called character John something that's sadly missing on modern cars imo 🙂👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy J said:

It's called character John something that's sadly missing on modern cars imo 🙂👍

That's probably why, of all the unbuilt kits I own, only two are of cars built in the 2000s (Fiat 500 and Ferrari 612 Scaglietti).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toftdale said:

Well it certainly wasn't designed in a wind tunnel 😅🤣, great build from a very basic kit 👏 - Andy 

Thanks it is indeed a basic kit but it's another one added to the collection and now time for the next one 🙂👍

2 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Congratulations another beauty is finished. 

Again a real nice one 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco I'm glad you like it 🙂👍

2 hours ago, CrazyCrank said:

Very realistic weathering and finally a superb color :)

Thanks for the comment much appreciated. Just shows how light can effect the colour of a car. This is the same blue colour i used originally yet it looks so different now. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Actually the difference is astonishing when you see the pic's above 🤔. Infact this is the strangest colour change I've ever seen in all my time modelling and I never noticed it till just now. And before anyone asks i didn't re paint the shell or apply any clear coat....I'm utterly staggered at the difference....very strange indeed 🤔

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coppercat said:

The end result is OK. In the heyday of this car, such glossy paints were not used yet.
Great effect :clap2:

Thanks but I did not create any effect this colour change simply happened i can offer no explanation as to the final shade of paint which is very strange indeed. I think that @CrazyCrank must have put a spell on my body shell 😂😂👍

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Coppercat said:

Beautiful model 🙂 Congratulations
I have a great fondness for this car.
My father drove one like that, so I had to glue the R8.

spacer.png

That looks very cool great work my friend 👍 👏

• Like 1

Lovely little Renault,  you have done a cracking job there Andy, what a stunner.  Such an interesting looking vehicle,  it looks like a typical car you would draw as a kid .  Would love to see a slammed one on Airbags.

Great work

Chris

• Thanks 1