Heller 1/24 Renault R8 Gordini

So my first Heller kit is finished and although a challenge at times all things considered I'm quite happy with the final results. Here's a few pic's of the finished buildย 

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

So time to tidy the bench up and prepare to start the next one tomorrow. Thanks for looking back soon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 17

That's turned out nicely, this kit is definitely on my radar as there's something about it's square boxiness that I find quite appealing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

That's turned out nicely, this kit is definitely on my radar as there's something about it's square boxiness that I find quite appealing.

It's called character John something that's sadly missing on modern cars imo ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy J said:

It's called character John something that's sadly missing on modern cars imo ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

That's probably why, of all the unbuilt kits I own, only two are of cars built in the 2000s (Fiat 500 and Ferrari 612 Scaglietti).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toftdale said:

Well it certainly wasn't designed in a wind tunnel ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ, great build from a very basic kit ๐Ÿ‘ - Andyย 

Thanks it is indeed a basic kit but it's another one added to the collection and now time for the next one ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

2 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Congratulations another beauty is finished.ย 

Again a real nice oneย 

Marco Fย 

Thanks Marco I'm glad you like it ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

2 hours ago, CrazyCrank said:

Very realistic weathering and finally a superb color :)

ย 

Thanks for the comment much appreciated. Just shows how light can effect the colour of a car. This is the same blue colour i used originally yet it looks so different now.ย 

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

Actually the difference is astonishing when you see the pic's above ๐Ÿค”. Infact this is the strangest colour change I've ever seen in all my time modelling and I never noticed it till just now. And before anyone asks i didn't re paint the shell or apply any clear coat....I'm utterly staggered at the difference....very strange indeed ๐Ÿค”

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coppercat said:

The end result is OK. In the heyday of this car, such glossy paints were not used yet.
Great effectย :clap2:

Thanks but I did not create any effect this colour change simply happened i can offer no explanation as to the final shade of paint which is very strange indeed. I think that @CrazyCrank must have put a spell on my body shell ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Coppercat said:

Beautiful model ๐Ÿ™‚ Congratulations
I have a great fondness for this car.
My father drove one like that, so I had to glue the R8.

ย 

spacer.png

That looks very cool great work my friend ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

• Like 1

Lovely little Renault,ย  you have done a cracking job there Andy, what a stunner.ย  Such an interesting looking vehicle,ย  it looks like a typical car you would draw as a kid .ย  Would love to see a slammed one on Airbags.

Great work

Chris

• Thanks 1