Tamiya 1/24 Nissan 350Z

Afternoon all,

Well, after about 11 years this thing is finally done. I bought it in a Modelzone sale back then and started it more of less straight away, but over the years I thought it was doomed to ever get finished. It's been at least 7 different colours and been stripped and repainted probably about a dozen times. I just couldn't find a colour I liked on it and kept changing my mind. Then when I did find a colour I really liked - Pebeo craft actylic metallic purple I messed up the clear coat on it three times. That was in the middle of the first lockdown and I'd run out of the paint and couldn't get any more so it went back in the brake fluid. Then cleaning out the model room I came across 4 pots of car model paint I'd bought years ago by a firm called M Works. I can't remember where I got them or how big a range they did, but I test sprayed the four I had and they all worked really well - and I really like the colour I finally used on the Z car which is one they call Mica Dark Mahogany. As I said in @Andy J's Renault thread when the subject of colour came up, despite fiddling with every setting I could think of on the camera and trying it under different lighting conditions I couldn't get a pic of what it is really like - it's a bit more coppery brown and less orange than it looks here!

Anyway, some pics:

All four wheels do touch the ground, this pic was taken on a large curved piece of mount board!;

Thanks for looking! :)

Keith

• Like 19

Well stone the crows he's actually finished it ! Very nice colour choice Keith looks very cool indeed 👌. Cracking build mate now let's see a few more please preferably not one every 11 years 😀 👍 

• Haha 2

That is really nice Keith, there was one local about that colour, I reckon you've caught it well. 👍

Poor old Nissan, brilliant mechanicals but for goodness sake, sack your front end team, superb cars spoilt by weird looks, imho of course. :D

Steve.

• Like 1

Many thanks Steve, much appreciated! TBH I quite like all the design including the front end - but I think our legal requirement to have a standard size number plate does ruin the looks (& don't tell the law but my plate isn't actually the legal standard size I cut it down to about the minimum size for 'my' personal reg mark - still looks awful!! 🤣)

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's a great colour for the car Keith, and a brilliant finish as well! 

But, you did have some practice didn't you 😉 

• Haha 1

That's a really good looking end result - the 350Z really suits the copper colour. I bet after 11 years it feels good to have it finished - a long time but a worthy end result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Mark, tbf I wasn't actually working on it non stop for 11 years. Only about 9....!! 🤣

Thanks for the comment, really appreciate it and hopefully next finished one will be along sometime soon (this year ar least! :) )

K

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mbdesignart said:

I've just picked myself up off the floor 😀. I echo Andy J's comment regarding the length of time until we see the next completed model.

Looks stunning and the colour is on trend too.

Keith builds cracking car models and im sure that the next time the sun lines up with Pluto across the sixth star meridian we'll get to see another one 🙂. Also having a huge stash of kits doesn't help matters that's why I rarely purchase model kits to avoid distraction syndrome.....infact I haven't purchased a kit for well over a week...though I have received a few 🙂👍

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Cheers Mark, tbf I wasn't actually working on it non stop for 11 years. Only about 9....!! 🤣

Thanks for the comment, really appreciate it and hopefully next finished one will be along sometime soon (this year ar least! :) )

K

Don't hold your breath 🙄

• Haha 1