Embraer E190 Alliance Airlines - Revell 1/144

Here's my Revell 1/144 Embraer E190. It's finished in an Alliance Airlines special scheme commemorating the centenary of the RAAF using Nazca decals. This was a deliberately quick build - trying to get it done in the last couple of weeks of the ANZAC group build - so there are a few details I could have added but didn't. I also didn't use most of the details in the Nazca sheet - they just seemed a bit bold for the scale.

1/144 E190

1/144 E190

1/144 E190

1/144 E190

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 36

Thanks everyone!

On 6/1/2021 at 12:26 PM, BerndM said:

How were the Nazca decals ?

The decals were ok, but I think only ok. On the plus side, nice and thin but without being so thin that they want to fold up on themselves - quite easy to apply. Quite dense colours for laser decals as well - I was a bit worried about the red being too translucent to look good over the blue and whilst the reds could have come out brighter (compare the red F-35 on the fuselage with photos of the real thing, which looks more vivid) they worked better than I'd feared.

On the other hand the decal design is a bit odd: For example, the red pattern on the rear fuselage and fin is made up of two decals, split at the base of the fin - or at least, the split is at the base of the fin on the starboard side. On the port side, lining up the edge of the fuselage decal with the base of the fin meant the fuselage decal was way too high up. 

You also get no colour call-outs in the instructions so you're left to work out the right colour - not that easy with this light blue - I'm happy enough with the blue I chose but it should still be a bit lighter and a bit brighter. I also didn't use the detail decals - they all looked a bit too bold - but that's not unique to Nazca, I'm not generally a fan of the detail decals in some 1/144 airliner sheets, they all look a bit too prominent for the scale, but that could just be my personal taste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this info. I have a set for my A350-900 prototype.

The decals look o.K on the sheet but the product itself is for the money quite sparse, wrapped in a cut to fit plastic cover and a small piece of paper with the photo of the real thing.

Hi Julian

A fantastic build of an interesting subject.

Its great that the RAAF centenary has been marked by Australia's commercial aviation - it didn't appear to happen here in 2018 for the RAF's 100.

I'm with you regarding detailed decals on 1/144 airliners - they can be "too much".

I work on the basis that if you can see the detail on a low res picture its worth including it on the kit - if not don't bother.

On your E190 I would probably have included the detail decals for the wing walkways and the engine intake warnings, otherwise I think you've judged it very well.

Brilliant job - well done.

Cheers

Tim

• Like 1