Matchbox/revell Do 28D-2 1/72

Hello all,

I am going to do this loveley but simple D028 from Matchbox the kit was 9,95 in euro's

This one is going to be build as a factory fresh aircraft in bare metal...

At first i wanted to enter with a 1/48 resin turbomentor but with what i wanted to do it would above the tenner threshold!

So this will be a worthy replacement as i am going to foil it with kitchen foil.

51211603643_19e2d17047_b.jpg

Old price under it so you all can see that i won't cheat😄

51211389886_74b26c5328_b.jpg

51212150494_69c43f5589_b.jpg

i wil start the build next week as i have a surprise holiday this week....

Cheers , Jan

• Like 9

Made this as a Matchbox kit many many many years ago.  Always enjoyed it, was it White and Light blue plastic, can't remember the third color, Orange ?

Any chap, enjoy, a nice kit.

• Like 1

Not long after I married my wife though she might try and build a kit herself so she bought one of these - it never did get built! Later she bought an Airfix Halifax on the principle that it was a big box so the parts should be nice and big - shouldn't they? I built that one.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi Jan and welcome to the GB. Great to have you here and with an excellent choice of kit. I am also very interested to see your work with the kitchen foil!! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 01/06/2021 at 15:12, PlaStix said:

Hi Jan and welcome to the GB. Great to have you here and with an excellent choice of kit. I am also very interested to see your work with the kitchen foil!! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello Stix, sorry to disappoint you as I am not able to start and let alone finish the build 😟

All time I had was already consumed by the Bf 109 groupbuild as the 109’s did not really were cooperative....

Maybe a next try on the next less then a tenner groupbuild!

cheers, Jan

• Sad 1

No need to apologise Jan. I know how it gets when there's too much to do! Yes, hopefully we'll see you in the next LTAT GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Jan 

My apologies that I missed this one, welcome to the GB, looks like a lovely kit best of luck with it.

Regards Pat

No worries, this thread is from the old “less then a tenner” groupbuild…

I have a good excuse to finish it again with a little more to spend 😉

cheers, Jan

Built this when I was a kid when it first came out.  

Later I started to convert a part started one into a GAF N22 Nomad.  It never did get finished. 

Will be following your build with interest and maybe get inspired to have a go at another one in the near future.  

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Jan

Are you still going touse foil on this one, this should be good.

Chris 

Hello Chris, the plan is still to put some foil on it so it will be shiny  

@Rob S a pity that you never have finished the Nomad as it is such a lovely aircraft..

Ibelieve that you have been building the Planet models kit then?

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

@Rob S a pity that you never have finished the Nomad as it is such a lovely aircraft..

Ibelieve that you have been building the Planet models kit then?

cheers, Jan

Hello Jan

The conversion still exists somewhere in the “Stash” so there is always the chance that it will be rediscovered and finished one day (and as I’ve said before probably after when Pigs learn to fly!). 

I think I have the Planet Nomad somewhere in the “Stash” but haven’t looked at it let alone know where it is.  Moving House unnecessarily creates such a disturbance in the Force I mean Stash. 

Edited by Rob S
  • Haha 1

OK, I’ll fall on my sword and say I missed this thread as well. You see, I’ve been filtering these pages by ‘Sort by Date’ view and as this is a rehashed thread it certainly wasn’t showing up on Page 1. Great to have this build revived here and we look forward to seeing a real iconic Matchbox kit that to this day is still the only game in town. 
Cheers, (a belated) welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally started the do28 last week.

Construction is of course pretty simple as most MB kits.

In this kit I do have enough sinkholes but this is probably the cause of being a Revell rerelease .

This build is going to be a foiled one so the absence of panellines is a big plus.

The passenger seats were in the same style as the pilot seats and had solid closed sides so I chose to open them up.

Those pilot seats will be getting a similar treatment.

51860740584_7fd2e50e38_b.jpg

51861057875_9de03a1ec6_b.jpg

Below all the subassemblies put together minus the gear.

51859451267_4c53838240_b.jpg

cheers, Jan

• Like 5

Nice start Jan, the Dark Green plastic looks quite sharp for such an old moulded kit. I think sink hole marks were more than present in the original moulds as well. My original Matchbox F9F Panther has a few so probably not some Revell could have prevented either. I’ve got one of these kits, so watching your progress with much interest. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1