AMMO MIG RAF figure paint set apparent problem with colour correctness

Merlin

Hi,

Having been stunned by the bad colours offerd to us by AMMO for early war RAF aircraft, I see they are at it again with RAF figures.

spacer.png

Please take note the RAF in WW2, pre WW2 and post WW2, never looked like this !

No scale effect will explain this, cyan and variations thereon is NOT the uniform of the RAF, also the Mae West is a dull grey green colour not far off from interior cockpit grey green and was painted on the lobes with RAF roundel trainer yellow, a rich chrome yellow , consult the Mk1 spitfire at Duxford etc, not this pale lemon yellow. Zero research in this by AMMO, . 36 Pattern boots a polished black leather with beige sheepskin fur showing at top, NOT white, also they could be a dirrty beige canvas with black leather shoe area, and black or beige strap. This material rubbed through at the ankles to a black lining and material.

There are loads of references on the internet of RAF WW2 clothing, as well as the yellow painted mae west, why AMMO didnt even consult such makes me lose faith in their paint sets.

I just dont want to see superb aircraft dioramas or even figures on their own ruined with cyan figures. see the Sergeant with arm raised by Wingz Cockpit Figures for correct painting !

spacer.png

Merlin

• Thanks 1