Warhammer 40k Space Marine Impulsor Tank

Here's another one painted last year. A Space Marines Primaris Impulsor tank, one of the more recent vehicle releases over the last couple of years by Games Workshop. This was done as a mixture of figure painting techniques (edge highlighting, OSL glow) and AFV modelling techniques, particularly in the weathering. 

The scheme itself is a homebrew chapter scheme that I've named 'Sunstorm Knights'. With many of the models I've painted in this scheme I've tried to add a nod to 80's action heroes. See if you can spot the reference to a certain TV show here!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 17

That's really nice, the colours work very well and have quite a gritty Star Wars-ey feel.

In terms of '80s callouts, the striping on the rear flanks suggests BA's van? (The display has a hint of DRADIS about it too, but I think that's a coincidence?)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Will Vale said:

In terms of '80s callouts, the striping on the rear flanks suggests BA's van? (The display has a hint of DRADIS about it too, but I think that's a coincidence?)

Cheers,

Will

You're spot on! The rear stripe was from the A Team. Thanks for the comment & for noticing!