KP 1/72 Lavochkin La-5F

Lavochkin La-5F, 126 IAP, Cpt. Petr Nikiforovich Beljasnik, July 1943 - Kursk area

51211146778_0426e2bb4d_o.jpg

Kit: KP Lavočkin La-5F "Esa" (KPM0175)

Scale: 1/72

Paints: Vallejo Model Air, Vallejo Metal Colour

Weathering: Tamiya weathering products, Vallejo weathering products,

New tool La-5 by Kovozávody Prostějov is rather nice kit. Some fiddly parts inside the cockpit but other than that quite delightful build with good details. Decals were bit brittle, but they went down very well with the help of Vallejo Decal Fix & Softener. 

Painted with Vallejo Model Air and Vallejo Metal Colour. Weathered with Tamiya Panel Line Accent colours and couple other products.

51210224207_7b2b8cfa12_o.jpg

51211146838_a95b587349_o.jpg

51211146743_90501a2ec0_o.jpg

51210939031_a758430097_o.jpg

51210224157_2d374e7a35_o.jpg

51212002350_e9eae61084_o.jpg

51210224137_c499be7039_o.jpg

51211695809_963461f47c_o.jpg

51211695749_c1444be0c4_o.jpg

• Like 43

And rather more space between the wing and the tailplane, or less close-coupled as the more technical would say.  And hence likely to be easier to fly.  The Soviet design bureaux are noted for some designs that, like the Ki.44, western designers would consider too close-coupled.  I'm putting words into their mouths, of course.

• Like 1

A bit of work with a file would fix that, and a  small blob of putty for the bulge to widen it in the middle.

In English English that's the cowling.  The hood is the canopy, but not so often used for that nowadays.  Also the canvas top you'd put up on your open sports car when it rains.  In American English it is the car bonnet.  Two nations, as they say, divided by a common language.  Sorry about that, but until they come to their senses we're all stuck with the situation.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

A bit of work with a file would fix that, and a  small blob of putty for the bulge to widen it in the middle.

In English English that's the cowling.  The hood is the canopy, but not so often used for that nowadays.  Also the canvas top you'd put up on your open sports car when it rains.  In American English it is the car bonnet.  Two nations, as they say, divided by a common language.  Sorry about that, but until they come to their senses we're all stuck with the situation.

Thank you for some English lessons)

• Like 1

On 31/05/2021 at 21:02, Сергей Никитин said:

Hello.
Great job! Really engoy it.

I also thought to buy this kit, but after looking at the castings, I saw an incorrectly made air intake on the hood...
Photo for clarity

Сборочный цех горьковского

Are we talking about the intake on the nose - which seems about the right shape but just the plastic is quite a bit thicker than it needs to be. So would be good idea to open it up a bit more. Or the bump behind the intake?

10 hours ago, reini said:

Are we talking about the intake on the nose - which seems about the right shape but just the plastic is quite a bit thicker than it needs to be. So would be good idea to open it up a bit more. Or the bump behind the intake?

If I see correctly, then both the air intake and bump behind the intake are not correct.
Better, of course, to compare with the drawings. But in my opinion, ClearProp did the right thing.
37461_clr72015-4.jpg

• Thanks 1