Having acquired the ancient 1960s moulding airfix buccaneer S1 which is really the NA39 prototype a kit I was told was terrible I decided to make it even harder for myself and convert it to XN923 an RAE buccaneer S1 that I help to maintain. 
So here is the 1960s kit adjusted with shortening of exhaust, addition of stab bullet weight, addition of camera pods on wing tips and radome, reshape radome, reshape exhaust. 
I have to say a huge thank you to @BritJet for the fantastic decals to make this mini XN923. 
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 26

Well you did a great job on that lemon of a kit. Great pictures too. Wasn't sure which was which for a moment. 

I have literally only this week tossed my Airfix Buccaneer in the bin. Gave up on it finally. 

• Thanks 1

That's turned out nicely, well done. Glad the decals were ok. The blue and red shades look right for the in-service scheme, I'm looking forward to seeing the full-size Bucc repainted to match.....

Steve

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritJet said:

That's turned out nicely, well done. Glad the decals were ok. The blue and red shades look right for the in-service scheme, I'm looking forward to seeing the full-size Bucc repainted to match.....

Steve

Many thanks Steve, 

Hopefully with nice weather and less time shifting aircraft and displays around we can make a hit on her this year with not only paint but systems too so we can run her again. (I have the honour of re-skinning the stab)

11 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

I agree! Not often you get to see the model and subject together! Nicely done!

Thanks, in the future maybe I’ll do the other aircraft we have (though hard to find a good sea Prince)

35 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Oh!

I see a very close overflight!

Great model!

Incredible how faded the blue is on the "master model", compared to the red!

Thanks. Unfortunately not faded. 
years ago our founder decided that he liked the “baby blue” more then the roundel blue so repainted multiple aircraft roundels and 923 tail in the lighter blue. (We intend to put them back including the tail stripes)

• Sad 1