P-51(Allison) North Africa, Academy 1/72 - non starter

Well I had a dilemma:

10-D2196-E-2604-4-FEF-A5-B7-AB148163-D11
The P-38 is an obvious candidate by sheer force of nominative determinism. However, last Blitzbuild, I managed to complete an Academy Thunderbolt in a day but the He-70 Blitz failed to make the deadline.

The Airfix kit is a twin, needs quite a bit of modernising and looks like a stretch for 24 hours. So no.

The Academy kit should go together nicely OOB, if it’s anything like Academy kits I’ve built previously, and has a relatively simple colour scheme. So I’m in, probably in two sessions starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

Sadly I’m going to sit this one out. I’ve spent too long this weekend with my less than a tenner build, I’ve got some car stuff (wiper blades) to sort out, I’ve got a ton of work on (including a remote session tomorrow evening) and I’ve got more builds going on than I know what to do with. So all power to your elbows, but I’m out :(

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• AdrianMF changed the title to P-51(Allison) North Africa, Academy 1/72 - non starter

Sorry to hear that Adrian 

As I look at my many concurrent builds, I believe you are doing the right thing, but some of us refuse to admit they have a problem until it gets unresolvable, which is definitely where I am going at the moment  ! :lalala:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

Shame Adrian but I'm in agreement with Pat,my bench is littered with half finished kit's I'm in a muddle over what is taking my interest

and as a result nothing getting completed I'm going to struggle with this GB with only a few hours to go.

• Like 1

Adrian,

I feel your pain, and Steve. I've abandoned also. For the same reasons. Life and other groupbuilds.

See you in August. Planning starting now!

Alan

• Like 1