IBG Models 1/72 Chevrolet C15A No. 11 Cab Watertank FINISHED

JeroenS

Oooooh alright @Hockeyboy76 @JOCKNEY I'm in dammit!

Let's see how far I can get with this one, another one in the IBG 1/72 series which I like so much. 

20210529164353-703be5cb-me.jpg

Sprues, time, and we're off... well, as soon as the Giro stage has finished. 

20210529164352-faf24039-me.jpg

• Like 2

An hour into the game and we have a cab. 

20210529180017-6f4930cc-me.jpg

The roof is not glued yet, for painting purposes. 

20210529180015-006db2d0-me.jpg

Having done a couple of these small scale trucks, I can say that almost nothing of the interior will be visible so I'm not going to bother too much with it, which is why I've assembled it completely. I'm going to get the airbrush in for the OD, then brush paint the seats and the steering wheel. Voila. 

• Like 3

Feeding time. Two "kroketten" (meaty inside, crusty outside, I have no idea if you are familiar with this) on soft bread. With spicy mustard from Groningen. Right up there with Japanese wasabi if you take too much at once. And a roll (?) with cumin cheese. 

20210529182127-4c2b2dd0-me.jpg

• Like 5

Time for a cuppa... I drink mine green as you can see. Also, attached all the fiddly bits to the cab, we'll see if that was a smart move. 

And a start on the chassis. The worst is over, lots of fiddly parts there as well. 

No wonder, this thing is not very big. 

20210529202032-bc75f77c-me.jpg

• Like 1

Alright that's it for today. 5 hours in and we have a cab, most of the chassis and a start on the tank. 

20210529214837-4b462b59-me.jpg

The kit even provides an engine which is nice, but of course it will be seen exactly never. Unless you display it upside down which I rarely do... 

See you tomorrow!

• Like 2

I'm loving the build Jeroen, but can you please stop rubbing it in that it's so warm where you are that you have to have air conditioning !

Up here if you are feeling too hot it usually means you have dozed off and tipped your tea or coffee into your lap !

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

Good day everybody, I've had a nice beauty sleep (it didn't help much but I'm trying!) and picking up where we left off with a morning tea. 

20210530063933-1e31c76b-me.jpg

The weather is just lovely this weekend so we'll be going for a short walk this morning for sure but for now the rest of the house is sleeping. @JOCKNEY I will probably be needing that airconditioning this afternoon 😉 ... besides it's the only thing around here that's not my phone and displays time! No money left for a clock mate, I spent it all on airconditioning 🤓

• Haha 2

Time for a bit of breakfast, finishing this pot of thick yogurt, with some apricot jam mixed in. The tanker unit is almost done. 

20210530080449-033a9451-me.jpg

A dab of filler needed but this will dry nicely during our walk. 

20210530080448-f345c447-me.jpg

6,5 hours in. I'm going outside for a bit. 

• Like 2

It was very very nice outside. Blue skies and a hint of a breeze. We've been waiting for that!

Let's finish that chassis. 

20210530102658-a13823f3-me.jpg

There, construction completed. 

20210530131036-4f636a52-me.jpg

Hm this picture is not very sharp. Anyway, it's these 3 components and the wheels ready for paint. 

A dry fit. Cool little truck. 

20210530131036-69b73be4-me.jpg

Now, lunch! And a bit of sunshine. 

• Like 4

And it's green. Now, a little detail painting in the cab, then put the roof on. Must not forget the clear part for the windshield!

But first, a drink at the neighbours'

20210530144043-13b84f5f-me.jpg

Well that drink turned into a couple... Then, I fired up the barbie and we had a nice meal. 

So, final session, let's see where this ends up. 

20210530193221-a8b8f6cc-me.jpg

5 hours ago, diases said:

Looking good. Such a short one as well (the truck, not build time), Cant be much longer than a LWB Landrover

Paul

Yes, it's quite a small truck indeed. The model is 6 cm so that translates into 4.32 meters in real life! 

Good going with this, it is looking very nice. :)

The box art recalls a story my Dad used to tell. As a MO with a unit in the desert in 1941-42, part of his duty was to test drinking water that trucks like this brought in. One day, on quizzing the driver about the water source, he was assured it was not too murky as the driver had "strained it through his draws cellulose" aka underpants. 😮 Doubtless it got a double dose of chlorine in it. :D

Steve 

• Haha 1