Steve's decided on a Mirage F1.

Hi folk's,totally caught out as I'd forgotten about this GB,I have one kit suitable in the stash which is a Hasegawa

Mirage F1 simple kit simple scheme too I'm due a visit to the LMS later if there's a cheapie jumps out I'll grab one

but more than likely go for the Mirage.Today is a no go as things to do so it will have to be a Sunday start and

Monday night finish after work.

• Like 3

• stevej60 changed the title to Steve's decided on a Mirage F1.

Hi folk's,nowt jumped out at the model shop so we'll go with a Hasegawa Mirage F1 which I picked up a few weeks back on a whim.

I remember building this kit way back in the eighties but despite the raised lines and age still a nice little kit.

20210530_094903

Ten o'clock start with some interuptions throughout the day for house painting and our second jabs at three this afternoon.

20210530_103639

20210530_113837

20210530_115318

20210530_122526

Called it at 12:10 as the lofts gettin too hot now,hopefully next session tonight I can get the air frame painted leaving only the glossing

and decal's etc for tomorrow as I only have a bit of time after work for that session.

• Like 4

Afternoon folk's,just got a half hour in after our jabs so before the arm becomes useless slap or rather spray some paint on.One coat of 

grey to prime then mixed blue gray for the finishing coat,leaving to dry now for a couple of hours hope to get the underside silver gray

on later as well as a couple of coat's of white on the four missiles.

20210530_180237

• Like 5

Evening folk's well session one complete hopefully what time I have after work tomorrow will suffice to decal up then matt coat

add the wheels and canopy she's under a couple of gloss coats drying nicely.

20210530_204826

• Like 3

Evening folk's,sadly time was not on my side with this for a finish today but I'll plod on over the next couple of sessions to complete

her.

20210531_194837

• Like 4

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I'll plod on over the next couple of sessions to complete

her.

It's worth taking the time to get her finished properly, especially as it is looking that good so far.

• Like 1

Hi folk's,took about an hour or more to finish this one today turned out a nice little project in the end,she'll get a matt coat then a few

nice pics in RFI.

20210605_182501

• Like 5

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks good Steve, any idea what the mix for your blue/grey was, I like the end result & have one to do myself down the track.  :) 

Steve.

Many thank's Steve,Tamiya mix as usual for me,light blue from the bottle,then dark sea gray added in stages till to my eye it looked

about right.