Airfix 1/72 A4 Skyhawk - Finished

Natter

A huuuuge thank you to Enzo for pulling this GB out of the bag at the eleventh hour.

No timepiece, I forgot. Please take my word for it that I took the phot at 0925hrs.  Here we go then, the Aitrfix 1/72 A4 Skyhawk.  the kit from the box and some aftermarket decals. The kit was a swap and came with no box and no kit decals, but a partial Xtradecals sheet with a couple of options. No other aftermerket will be harmed in the build of this kit.

Here we go...

51210070536_839473e61a_c.jpg

• Like 5

Three hours in and getting very close to closing up the fuselage. Cockpit from the box except for a wir ejection handle. I was incorrect, this does have the original kit decals, and I have used the console and instrument panel decals accordingly. A small cahnge of direction: I have a resin aftermarket for the wheel wells, which needs surgery and adds a little detail, but for the blitzbuild I may use the doors as they're just a quick swap of parts.  Where we are now:

51209589717_c1598d0cf4_c.jpg

51211369285_cb2d3b9f6b_c.jpg

51211064089_630bda3000_c.jpg

51210303461_c04f468238_c.jpg

• Like 3

The first 12 hours has gone, well 11:45 anyway.  The main assembly is done, the seams are tidied up, the white done as far as I can go.  The underside looks grey in the photo but it has been done in Vallejo Model Color and I have deliberately made the finish slightly patchy. The canopy is on, and it will be closed as the cockpit interior is from the box, so better if seen through the closed transparency. I have Eduard's paint mask for the canopy, which should take some time off tomorrows paint tasks.  See you all tomorrow.

51212267190_48fc252134_c.jpg

• Like 5

Decal tastic. A wash in some places, detail painting, satin varnish and last bits and bobs to do.  Three hours to go - I had better get a wiggle on.

51213432728_d74436ce22_c.jpg

51213983574_ef01c4d461_c.jpg

• Like 5

Squeeeeeeek.  Just in by five minutes.  To tell the truth there are things I would do if I had more than 24 hours. Tan tip to the nose, sort that arrester hook, add armament, maybe some light weathering; little bits.  For a 24hr Blitzbuild though I have to call it finished.  Lessons learned?  Two colour schemes are great, but schemes that take two and a half hours to decal are not good for a Blitzbuild! There was some tricky masking too, all adding to the build time.  Overall I am satisfied with the finished product.

I'll try and get some photos tomorrow in the daylight for the Gallery, but I'll just add a couple for now as a marker.

Enzo; another biiiig thank you for sorting this Blitzbuild for us all to come and play.

51214492279_cf663f5d23_c.jpg

51213942083_221e3162f4_c.jpg

51214492244_51f601de55_c.jpg

• Like 9

• Natter changed the title to Airfix 1/72 A4 Skyhawk - Finished
4 hours ago, Natter said:

To tell the truth there are things I would do if I had more than 24 hours. Tan tip to the nose, sort that arrester hook, add armament, maybe some light weathering; little bits.

No one will know if you sneakily go do those bits after the blitzbuild is over.  There are a couple of snall paint defects on my build that I don't think I can leave alone now that I've spotted them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nice scooter Dave 5 minutes before, some things you never lose.

Yep, just like a parade Oz!!!  Bit more stressful though, I thought I wasn't going to make it to the finish line; but adrenaline got me there. I need to get the Land Rover finished so I can concentrate on my modelling again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natter said:

Yep, just like a parade Oz!!!  Bit more stressful though, I thought I wasn't going to make it to the finish line; but adrenaline got me there. I need to get the Land Rover finished so I can concentrate on my modelling again.

You know full well a Landrover is never finished, it's just a brief pause whilst deciding what you are going to have to do to it next !

Your A4 looks really smart, well played Sir

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...