1/144 Eduard Spitfire Mk.IXe

emily

Another blitzbuild, another tiny model.

I've always wanted to build a Spitfire, and I've heard so much about the quality of Eduard kits.

Starting later than @Beggsy, as apparently all I need to do is "put all the parts in a bag, shake it and a seamless model falls out!"

While I usually prefer civilian models, this Czech Spitfire is particularly smartly finished, it's a Spitfire and it's an Eduard kit.

spacer.png

Edited by emily
  • Like 7

So I put everything in a bag.... 

20210529_144940.jpg?variant=medium

And after enough shaking....

20210529_165058.jpg?variant=medium

And wow, that took a lot of shaking! 

I might do the rest the usual way. The kit went together pretty well with no filling required, - however there were a few surprise bits of flash to remove that initially prevented a magic snap together model. Then the canopy dropped in and it was ready for paint. It's a remarkably clear canopy, so it's a pity Eduard didn't include a rudimentary cockpit tub. 

Owl is supervising this evening's efforts.

20210529_183859.jpg?variant=medium

DInner time. Chipotle black bean tacos with pico de gallo.

Then the airbrush came out. The aluminium paint is fiddly and kept clogging the airbrush up, but it worked out well in the end!

20210529_213706.jpg?variant=medium

Edited by emily
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff @emily

Don't forget to include the time in the photos.

Extra points for weirdness of clocks etc.

Cheers Pat 

More clocks incoming! 

14 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Lovely project and nice scheme choice.

The Eduard Super 44 kits are really good. Their Avia B.534 is probably the pinnacle of all-plastic 144th model making.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll have to check it out. Their injection molding engineering is amazing - @Beggsy completed their 1/72 Kunkadlo. Despite having many spindy and intricate pieces, the fit was perfect - I heard all about it! :laugh:

PXL_20210529_153111374.MEDIUM.jpeg?varia

This is where I got to tonight, 11 hours in - 1.30am. Aaaaalmost done, but I think I'll let the landing gear cure overnight. It's been a fun build!

PXL_20210529_153402573.MEDIUM.jpeg?varia

Edited by emily
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

@philp, @Foxbat - photos should be fixed now. Seems the error was browser config specific which is why it worked for some and not others.

Here it is, wheels, prop & nav lights on! More photos coming shortly.

This was a really fun build, thank you for following. The trickiest bit was probably masking the curves and airplane for the anti glare patch. Looking forward to doing the other 3 in the box - there are some civilian spitfires and the Israeli Black Spit I'd love to do if I can find decals...

\spacer.png

Edited by emily
  • Like 10

Lovely stuff and a great metallic finish.

There are lots of decal options for the Spits at Hannants, although I'm not sure how viable that would be for import to Aus. Or JBr Decals who make several sets do sell directly from Prague, might be worth a look.

• Like 1