Tamiya 1/35 scale Achilles

This is Tamiya's lovely Achilles M10 Tank Destroyer. I used Value Gear stowage, the figure is MIniArt with a Hornet head. Weathering by oils & Mig pigments.

Any comments, criticisms & observations welcome.

If anyone reading this uses Village Photos I'd like to know how to sort my photos into some sort of order. It seems completely random where it places photos & means having to trawl through loads before I find what I'm looking for. TIA.

Pete

423e3871-9b5e-49e5-8231-625a90899147.jpg

0e4582d2-9818-4a23-86c5-28ba1ca07c09.jpg

8baf91c9-49e8-4699-a765-20263c16fc55.jpg

7e0d6731-23d0-41f9-bb45-9ecbc97d0438.jpg

3d936398-52ad-43f4-b776-a1148970a691.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 22

Looks good. Nice to see another one of these. I built one a few months back and it's a great kit. 

Not sure direct fire AT guns need ranging poles though. Aren't they for indirect artillery fire?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

The water can is a post-war black plastic design not introduced until the late 1960s.  A standard steel jerrycan with the indents painted white would be appropriate for WW2.

Thanks for the info, didn’t realise that. Just grabbed one from the spares box. 😀

Pete

That's a great looking build. Well done.

No connection to them except for using it myself but FastStone Image Viewer is a fantastic free program with lots of tools for filing, editing, resizing, sorting, and re-naming images within it.

21 hours ago, IanC said:

Looks good. Nice to see another one of these. I built one a few months back and it's a great kit. 

Not sure direct fire AT guns need ranging poles though. Aren't they for indirect artillery fire?

You might be right Ian. I pinched the idea from a build of the A10 in TMMI, the guy had ranging poles strapped to the turret & I thought they added a nice bit of colour.

Thanks,

Pete