Bodmin's Offering - £5.59

Bodmin

A small offering I picked up from amazon. Not much cheaper than RRP but saved on postage and at £5.69 it'll be worth the giggle.

The Airfix Vintage Classic Fieseler Storch. Let's see how it works out 🤣

spacer.png

• Like 5

This looks like a fun trip back in time. I shall watch with interest.

As I get older I have become increasingly puzzled by this box art. It seems to imply that it is in the Western Desert. Yet a Panther, Elefant/Ferdinand and, possibly, even a Jagdpanther grace the battlefield. It is almost like the artist was taking the Micheal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete F said:

As I get older I have become increasingly puzzled by this box art. It seems to imply that it is in the Western Desert. Yet a Panther, Elefant/Ferdinand and, possibly, even a Jagdpanther grace the battlefield. It is almost like the artist was taking the Micheal.

I think these ancient kits need as much artistic  licence as possible to get them off the shelves. I presume this is the original box art from back in the day? 

11 hours ago, Bodmin said:

I presume this is the original box art from back in the day

Yes - it's from the original 1967 bagged release.

I'm looking forward to this build.

• Like 1

Hi Bodmin and welcome to the LTAT GB. Great to have you here and with our second Airfix Storch. Looking forward to seeing how your's turns out too. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Nice choice mate, good to see you getting some time at the bench. I never build one of those as a kid. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Nice choice mate, good to see you getting some time at the bench. 

Not as much as I'd like. Severe home renovations taking place so facilities are limited as is time. Saw the GB and figured that's something I'd happily join in and cope with. By the autumn I hope to have a dedicated workbench/room without anything to interrupt.

• Like 1

Lol, I'm speechless. What's the opposite of "This went together like a dream"?

Here's hoping the paint job will obscure its many defects. 🤣

spacer.png

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Well done just going for it! 

Yup, I held in there. At least now I can get some paint on it .... so long as it holds out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodmin said:

Yup, I held in there. At least now I can get some paint on it .... so long as it holds out.

I know what you mean. That undercarriage looks very fragile. Good luck with the painting. 🍺

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, Ozzy said:

Despite your problems with the fit, looks a really nice build mate.

Cheers Ozzy. Shame about my paint job. It's a ruddy mess

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

What went wrong with the painting? 

I didn't have the proper colours so I dug deep and found some old enamels which refused to go through my airbrush and gave a horrible brush finish. My fault for rushing. Still it looks like something I'd have been proud of 40 years ago 🤣

3 hours ago, Bodmin said:

I didn't have the proper colours so I dug deep and found some old enamels which refused to go through my airbrush and gave a horrible brush finish. My fault for rushing. Still it looks like something I'd have been proud of 40 years ago 🤣

You could always give it a winter white wash finish....?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

You could always give it a winter white wash finish....?

I'm thinking a dirty wash. Just the yellow markings, the canopy and the decals to go before that. Whatever the outcome I determined to finish this build.spacer.png

• Like 4

A small recovery now that the decals are on. I'll let them set overnight with some microset and seal them in before applying a dirty wash to try and hide the many imperfections even further. Can't wait for it to be over. But I shan't be beaten, this one is making it to the gallery!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Bodmin
  • Like 8