"Best of British" Spitfire and Red Arrows Hawk

This was the first kit I got when looking to return to modelling (but not the first completed). As a result of this I made a unique proposition to myself...it comes with paints and brushes...so I would only complete it with what came in the kit. The exceptions to this was I bought spray gloss (Humbrol), Clearfix, and Decalfix. 

I did this to try and save money, but also to review it more as a 'includes everything you need kit." It's something I thought about doing for a long time and finally did it! As usual  you can see my full review over here

I actually started this before my Gnat which I finished in Yellowjacks (seen here). However, I didn't finish it until after. But I finished this afterwards because I ended up doing my Gnat in almost one sitting haha. 

The kits were pretty decent and I absolutely LOVE the stands. I really wish they'd include these style stands in more kits as I love making them gear up and ready to go sometimes - especially display schemes! 

Zll3DhM.png

k0Hb2OO.png

umwvgYE.png

• Like 15

These look really great, and I'm glad that they give a good result with what comes in the kit.

I've had a couple of gift sets, but the paints haven't been very good - especially that dreaded yellow!

Just now, neilg said:

These look really great, and I'm glad that they give a good result with what comes in the kit.

I've had a couple of gift sets, but the paints haven't been very good - especially that dreaded yellow!

I feel the best we speak of the yellow the better beaut! I'm already getting flashbacks to painting the Spitfire cone (which I nicked from my Gnat kit) and my god it was so gross. Shakes in fear of yellow hand painting.

Thank you though! Weirdly, the red worked great! But I'll go back to my Aqua Colours going forward! 

8 hours ago, billn53 said:

Those are lovely! But what really caught my attention are the unique bases you made!

These actually come with the kit (I know right?). They're releasing them as separate kits Winter 2021. 

• Like 1