A pair of 66th F.S. “Exterminators” dedication build.

Morning everyone … Was able to spray the black base tonight and tried out the new Tamiya Lacquers. Wow those are nice, the spray like water and dry smooth as butter. Going to let it cure for a couple days before I mask off the stab stripes and black edges to the yellow. Once its masked up going to hit up the Aluminum which is also Tamiya lacquer. 

7xEXVje.jpg

JW3mOd4.jpg

hBWm2ZS.jpg

aqojcGg.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 8

Morning everyone … Im mostly done on this though I messed up and forgot to mask the black stripes on the stabs before painting. I will need to spray those, touch up the black edges to the yellow in some spots, and spray the different metal on the lower fuselage. 

cWAAVbz.jpg

e4ArXIz.jpg

PSH5KBM.jpg

ut8EkKi.jpg

Dennis

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone … so we inch ever closer to a finish line on these. As seen in the photo of “Puny Pug”. There is what has been described as a field improvised bomb/strike camera housing on the port bomb pylon.Zvi5Iht.jpg

bcztMmb.jpg

nFrjgty.jpg

bJqtUip.jpg

ImSazuH.jpg

sciwA0k.jpg

Dennis

• Like 8

These are beautiful Dennis!  The natural metal looks terrific.  I missed out on this since, as you know, I've been away.  I hope all is well with you.

I love the inspiration for this build! What a clever idea.  I'll follow along for the tail end of this if you don't mind. :) 

• Thanks 1

So while going through my info on these two planes I came across this photo. I forgot I had found it online about a year ago. But it turns out the Strike Camera is a K-25. 

BacAUIy.png

https://aeroantique.com/products/camera-aircraft-type-k-25b-fairchild-with-case?variant=32283321226

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

A bit late in the day (the story of my life lol) but I'd like to tag along for the remainder of this if I may. From what I've seen of it so far it looks like a terrific project. The natural metal finishes look lurvely. :thumbsup:

T

• Like 1

Hello Cousin !!

Waoow, you really are faster than me !!

Great idea and even greater way to remind your dogos....

Very glad that you feel better right now...

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Cousin !!

Waoow, you really are faster than me !!

Great idea and even greater way to remind your dogos....

Very glad that you feel better right now...

Sincerely.

CC

Hello Cousin hoping you and your family are all well ? Still crazy like you though … I have something like 16-17 builds going right now. Beats my previous record of 9 by almost double. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 12:05 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Cousin hoping you and your family are all well ? Still crazy like you though … I have something like 16-17 builds going right now. Beats my previous record of 9 by almost double. 

Thank you cousin, things settle gently down...

But now it's all the legal stuff, I hate the administration workers....

16 to 17 !! Great amount of WiP, I love it that way !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

16 to 17 !! Great amount of WiP, I love it that way !!

Sincerely.

I’m probably worse at the moment I have 16 me109s let alone  the rest of my wip.

5173582e-f5ba-4bc0-b79f-5c5860011df6.jpe

I’ll get back to them sooner or later but at the moment I’m focusing on my three Bristols and two high wing GB entries.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone … Slowly I wade through my 16+ builds. I was finally able to get to these tonight and start decals. jX0SYHs.jpg

PEVe0BU.jpg

Mqn7Ud2.jpg

Though not visible in the photo’s I did commit one goof on the decals. I put the wrong decals on the wrong build. My fault for doing two identical builds except for one minute detail. Oh well I can add a strike camera to the other plane. There is no proof it didn't carry one. 75PEpy1.jpg

PBxWgnQ.jpg

6D1VIWU.jpg

16gKxac.jpg

I will add some of the stencils in another session, this took enough time tonight. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 7

Hello everyone … Little bit more done this afternoon, seatbelt decals and props. ioctm0l.jpg

rDsw2bB.jpg

yjsEZeL.jpg

Im planning on painting the canopies and landing gear bay equipment tonight Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 5