Pirates of the Solomon Sea ‒ The full picture

I posted this Vought F4U-1A Corsair of VF-17 in 'Aircraft RFI' recently. Today I'd like to share more pictures to present the diorama in full and in detail. Please check here for the history of my Otaki model.

51200583870_43c22e1ee3_b.jpg

51200583840_c1c85e43c3_b.jpg

The PSP display base from Squadron (now back in business) was painted and adapted to fit the scooped-out 'chopping board'. The palm tree comes from realityinscale.com, who produce an extraordinary series of realistic plants. Some perseverance was involved in putting it together but the result is very gratifying.

51199518206_06588d1ffe_b.jpg

The Tamiya Jeep, modified to serve as armourers' vehicle, belongs to a Marine Corps ground echelon. The figures are scratch-built from bits and pieces of various pilot and ground crew sets. Creating characters to fit a specific scenario is one of my favourite modelling activities when I need to restore my mojo.

51200298484_c3a1289409_b.jpg

Thanks for visiting, Michael

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Hi Michael. WOW!! That really is an absolutely superb scene. You modelling, weathering, figures and presentation really bring it all to life. Very impressive all round! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...