1/48 FOKKER D-XXI SpHobby

Nicely built but it seems that no light sand was used but a very light grey, like on the Fokker G1. On the Dutch version there is a large scoop on the left side, visible on the box illustration but lacking on the model. Good infos are to be find in Dutch Profile, Best regards.

Great little Fokker!

I have always wondered why the Dutch chose dark brown for the lower surface. It looks very conspicuous against the prevailing cloudy skys. Or maybe this was the purpose?

This model looks great! As a coincidence, I recently finished '221' as a 1/72 kit from PM models, check my post in this topic, posted May 13. I have this very 1/48 model lying waiting to be built next, but I doubt if it will end up like yours - this one looks superb!

Cheers,

Rob

12 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

We do have a 1:1 built-from-scratch-using-plans D.XXI in progress,

Oh, my! That is an incredible re-creation. Other than the engine and prop, a very faithful rendition of the original! My very favorite spatted monoplane, and although my personal preference would be for one in Finnish colors and markings, the Dutch versions are every bit as beautiful! Thanks for sharing the link and I can't wait to see photos/videos of   her in the air. I bet even the Antti's @antti and @Antti_K will appreciate this wonderful replica! (Now I have a good excuse to do one of my Special Hobby 1/72 DXXI's as a Dutch Fokker!)

Mike

• Like 1