1935 Morane Saulnier 225... only with French Navy markings

ltns-Modeller

Hi

I've started work on an old Heller kit, and rather than use the standard decal sheet I discovered that there was a plane flown by "Lieutenant de Vasseau Mangin D-Ouinee", which had French Navy Markings.  It was part of the Escadrille 3C1 Aeronavale, based at Marignane (France) in 1935.  It has a distinctive shark on the fuselage, and french navy roundels, only with a snake like anchor cable.

Looking up scalemates, ABT made a decal sheet for it - does anyone know where I can get that 1/72 decal sheet or something similar?  Any help appreciated.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/abt-decals-2-morane-saulnier-ms-225-n-67--602155

Hi ITNS

Not sure if this is of help but if you can trace the SMER kit this has some sharks - unfortunately I've used mine.    I have some anchors which am happy to send from lockdown Melbourne if they are of any use- Have put some coins to show size. Probably too large to lay on a roundel but send me a PM if you want them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pinback

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You will find a shark from the same squadron in this kit :

spacer.png

The Moranes of Aeronautique Navale had the same colours, dark blue-grey on top surfaces and light blue-grey on bottom surfaces.

The 3C1 squadron became an  Armée de l'Air squadron in 1935, but the planes kept the same marine paint and anchors on the roundels ! 

PS The Heller kit is quite bad as one regards the cross section of the fuselage...

Denis

Edited by denisvanb
  • Like 1