Blitzbuild 2021 Part 1 Chat

RevDWC

I suspect it's still going.  The sub-forum usually goes up right before it goes live (24-48 hours prior), so I suspect you'll see something in the next day or so.

I'd actually completely forgotten about this.  I'll have to see if I can squeak something in around the A-4G build.  :blink2:

I've had a PM from Enzo that due to real life he is likely unable to get the Bltzbuild sorted for this weekend.

Considering how much he does to allow us all to enjoy our Group Builds, it hardly surprising that occasionally things get too much even for him !

If someone knows how to set it up, I would be happy to host and certainly it would be great to give a bit back to Enzo to show how much we all appreciate what he does for us.

Cheers Pat

PS, we could potentially add new Builds to a previous Blitzbuild, all the new ones should stay at the top by date and we could always move them over at a later date, thoughts ?

• Like 3

Happy to help out if at all possible. Probably also worth remembering some of our colleagues in other parts of the world would have already started their Blitzbuild time slots, if it was on the go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

I've had a PM from Enzo that due to real life he is likely unable to get the Bltzbuild sorted for this weekend.

Considering how much he does to allow us all to enjoy our Group Builds, it hardly surprising that occasionally things get too much even for him !

If someone knows how to set it up, I would be happy to host and certainly it would be great to give a bit back to Enzo to show how much we all appreciate what he does for us.

Cheers Pat

PS, we could potentially add new Builds to a previous Blitzbuild, all the new ones should stay at the top by date and we could always move them over at a later date, thoughts ?

Thanks for the update Pat.

I hope that whatever has happened for Enzo to step back resolves itself well. Life happens and some things take priority.

I like the idea of piggy-backing on a previous blitzbuild until someone with moderator superpowers can save us.

I have a couple of hours of domestic chores to deal with before getting started here in the upsidedown (NZ). I'll check back through the morning and see what the consensus is.

Thanks for your help, Justin.

• Like 1

Thanks Justin

Can I suggest as a contingency that people take photos with the local time in as if the GB was going and start their Builds, we can sort things / actually post,  later only if Enzo is ok with the suggestion.

If he isn't then you will have my sincerest apologies and I will carry the can for any problems caused.

cheers Pat

OK, so unless any other solutions are put forward I'm going to start a build thread in the existing Xmas blitz build thread and if need be adapt to whatever other contingency arise.

New thread to be started soon...

Dave.

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix we have our 2021 part 1 Blitzbuild after all.

Can I on behalf of all the participants say how grateful we are and sincerely hope that life returns to normal for you ASAP. 

Right you 'orrible lot get your blooming fingers out and get these builds of yours listed !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!  Huge thanks to @Enzo Matrix.  I look forward to these builds every year and appreciate you taking the time to run them  I hope my previous post didn't come across as nagging or pushy.  I'm more than happy to help out with running them in future!

Now, there's a Mirage III sitting on my shelf that's crying out to be built!

• Like 1

spacer.pngI'm nearly ready to get underway, just need to get a few groceries so we can have lunch.

I'll be building a 1/72 Zvezda Mig-3 which finally arrived from a Russian eBay seller yesterday. It's been a journey to get this kit. I bought it before Xmas last year, and when the package arrived, they'd sent the wrong kit. The seller was gracious in correcting their error and sent the correct one in early February. I'd almost given up on ever seeing it, but got home from work and had a pleasant surprise.

https://cdn01.hobbyphotohost.com/p?i=4cb3f9407372eb11d63683c80c4ba1aa

Edited by RevDWC
Added correct link for pic.
  • Like 2

Well that's it for this one, thank you everyone, 

Congratulations to all those that finished their Builds, and thanks to you all for the support to those taking part.

See you all again for the next Blitzbuild when hopefully our normal Host will be back in charge.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sorry I missed this one.  I had a couple different kits in hand on more than one occasion.  Ultimately I decided to focus my time on making headway w/ the Mohawk, Skyhawk, and Mustang.  :(

Lots of great builds in the gallery though.  I'll hopefully be back for the next one.

• Like 1