HobbyBoss 1/48 Me 262 A-2a/U2

That's an excellent build. I also like your base.

If you haven't done the fighter version and intend doing it watch out for the nose fit. The studs on the metal part are a fraction too long. It might be ok if you have the gun bays open, but if you want them closed trim back the studs a bit. Same for the plastic version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

That's an excellent build. I also like your base.

If you haven't done the fighter version and intend doing it watch out for the nose fit. The studs on the metal part are a fraction too long. It might be ok if you have the gun bays open, but if you want them closed trim back the studs a bit. Same for the plastic version.

Thank you Greg.

The base is a piece of sandpaper painted and weathered in minutes, basically for changing plane position without touching "the bird" during photo shoot.

I was not planning to use it afterwards but looking at photos again; you're right, it looks cool... I'm keeping the base!

I'm planning to go on with fighter (Tamiya) and night fighter (Italeri) versions. Thanks again for your advice and and your kindness...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cellarfrog said:

very nice! well done. what a mistake to force a perfectly good jet fighter into a bomber role. Years later it makes for a great kit though!

Thank you Cellarfrog;

You're right; we should be, as modellers, thanking Luftwaffe for numerous variants of all types of airplanes,

for their crazy projects never left drawing room,

for prototypes that never saw combat. They're all great subjects...