Yak 1b, Arma Hobby, 1/72

Love, lovely Yak 1b from Arma Hobby (1/72 scale). Had a great time assembling and painting that model. All mistakes (and there are lots of them) it's my fault, not Arma :). No antenna, have to practice first and I see that I can drill guns - I will do... someday ;).

spacer.png

3KXnIeL.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 41

Yes, yes, yes! Beautiful Yak-1b! I also have the Arma kit, but I doubt I could equal your result. I have always wanted to do a Yak-1 in Normandie-Niemen markings, and was waiting for a decent kit ; now seeing how nice a model can be built from the Arma kit, I might just try. Well done!

Mike

Thanks guys. It is strange plane though - nothing, no panel-lines, red stars, inspecrions etc on upper wing surface. I tried to play with shades, but I think I could be a little more brave with that, because it is barely visible.

3 minutes ago, sgr said:

no panel-lines,

You would expect that on an aircraft that used a lot of wood in its construction- covered with fabric, doped, and with a coat of thick furniture polish applied to smooth things out, which was quite common for WW2 VVS aircraft from what I have read.

Mike