Airfix 1/72 Skyhawk.

Hi folk's,there won't  be many of us who watched the nightly news during the Falklands war  that will forget the 

footage of the Argentine pilots pressing home their attack's on the landing's and ship's protecting them.The

Skyhawk was one of those aircraft running the gauntlet of AA and missile's during the conflict.This is Airfix's

lovely little kit in the colour's of the Argentine navy built for the STGB.Many thank's for looking.

20210525_185017

20210525_185026

20210525_185034

20210525_185527

20210525_185541

20210525_185547

I was pleased with the result until I sat it next to an earlier build and realised I was way too dark with the gray

but hey ho!

20210525_185744

• Like 37

Hi Steve,

forget about the grey! This is a great build and a sexy paint scheme.

Congrats all around

JR

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

it looks very nice. Don’t know if the grey is too dark? For me it looks alright!  All these Argentine plane look very cool. 😎 

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks 1

Mighty fine Skyhawk!  I find it really interesting to read about the conflict, some 40 years or so after it happened.

I have considered some Falklands-based builds, myself, a few times.

I can't be sure your grey is too dark, but I think it is a very cool build in any case!

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

Yep, great little kit and a great build too.  The blue on the tail looks spot on - what did you use for this?

I have the Dogfight Double set in the stash waiting for me to pull my finger out...!!  😂

10 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Yep, great little kit and a great build too.  The blue on the tail looks spot on - what did you use for this?

I have the Dogfight Double set in the stash waiting for me to pull my finger out...!!  😂

Many thank's Booty the blue/white are the kit supplied decal's very impressed how they stuck to the contours of the rudder.

• Like 1