1/72 Two Azur FRROM Martin 139

Hello

After nearly 10 months I have finished these couple of 1/72 Azur FRROM export Martin 139.

These are not difficult to build but I built other kits in between and here they are.

First the Martin 139 WH-2 #515 of ML-KNIL (Netherlands East Indies) at the end of 1939. The date is important as I chose to paint the orange rudder which was discarded later.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next the Martin 139 WAN of the Argentinian Navy Escuadrilla de Bombardeo #2B3 in 1940s.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is the build :

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235078053-172-azur-frrom-b-10-export/

Patrick

Edited by VG 33
  • Like 56

Patrick, very nice result on both. I have old William Bross B10 in Netherlands colors, but I am strongly tempted to do the next one by Azur Frrom now...

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

They are both very nice and I’d love to have a Dutch example in my slowly growing collection. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. David 

• Thanks 1

I also love the Dutch version, but the Argentinian one is very nice,too, and a very different scheme. Looks like the new SH kit is a very good one, especially when a very good model builder gets his hands on it, as you certainly appear to be! Thanks for sharing your outstanding work with us! 👌

Mike

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your kind words. 

I prefer the Dutch one as I am a little disappointed by the result on the wings of the Argentinian. The dark wash is too conspicuous. I will try to decrease rendering except in the aileron hinges.

Patrick 

That Argentinian scheme is BOLD. Like, I have seen carnivals with more subtly. Obviously that means I absolutely adore it. You did a cracking job bringing it alive too!

The Dutch one is also really well.presented. I've always loved the insignia they used. It really pops here!

Well done. A dashing double!

• Thanks 1

Very nice models.  Martin designed a nice looking plane and it looks quite different in these schemes.

These models look better detailed than the USAAC Williams Bros one I built a few years ago.  Though that was still fun - and colourful too!

Cheers

Will

• Thanks 1

Patrick,

Congratulations - those are two beautiful builds of one fugly aircraft! The subtle weathering on both is masterful,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1