Camouflage & Decals Messerschmitt Bf 109 A-F (9788366673212) - Kagero Publishing via Casemate UK

Julien

Camouflage & Decals Messerschmitt Bf 109 A-F (9788366673212)

Kagero Publishing via Casemate UK

spacer.png

The Messerschmitt Bf 109 is one of the iconic aircraft of WWII. It origins were from before WWII where it was first used in the Spanish Civil War by the German Air Force working on the side of the Spanish Fascists in what would prove to be training for WWII. The Bf 109 served through WWII going through many changes of the design including fighters and fighter bombers. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

The book is primarily colour profiles of the various different marks of the 109. There are 39 pages of profiles and a page listing model paints for the German RLM colours. These are listed in FS number, Humbrol, Gunze, Pactra, Aeromaster, Testors, Xtracolor and Lifecolor brands. As well as the Book there is an accompanying decal sheet.  While the book contains the profiles there is no information accompanying the profiles as to the colours used on that aircraft. By Kagero's own admission in the preface the profiles used in the first 5 of these books have been previously published by them before. Future books will feature new material.

spacer.png

Decals

There is n the book a sheet of decals in both 1/72 & 1/48. The decals look well printed, glossy with minimal carrier film. I was surprised and disappointed to find out these only contained the national markings for Germany & Spain.  I was expecting maybe a decal sheets to supply some of the markings to build a few of the aircraft in the profiles. As it is if you dont have these already in the spares box or decal stash then you will have to source these separately. 

spacer.png

Conclusion

Sorry but a combination of recycled profiles along with a decal sheet only containing National Markings does not make me want to rush out for more of the same. Recommended only if you are a die hard 109 fan and must have this publication. I feel Kagero are riding on the coat tails of some excellent publications they have done in the past with this volume. 

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for saving me some cash - I was indeed under the impression that the decal sheet would fully feature the aircraft profiled.

Pass, then! 

Cheers,

Andre 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Thanks for saving me some cash - I was indeed under the impression that the decal sheet would fully feature the aircraft profiled.

Pass, then! 

Cheers,

Andre 

A missed opportunity for sure.

• Thanks 1