Ford 1932 3 windows, Revell 1:25

This is my first post on this forum 😐

The model was made in 2015 on the basis of the Revell kit.

spacer.png

I tried to open all body parts and make an exact copy of the engine.
The model has an illuminated dashboard and cabin lighting (when the door is opened).
I have a lot of documentation from the workshop, so if anyone is interested, I will be happy to share it.

I have a nice watching 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

191178082_4205583332855835_1131229492898

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

189479014_4205583532855815_4519281017360

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Greetings,
Jacek

• Like 23

very nicely done!

i particularly like the multiple color selection for the individual parts and your attention to the photo etch details. some of your thoroughness is usually reserved for much larger scale models.

please show a build thread for your next project!

Edited by s.e.charles

This is absolutely stunning,  what a gorgeous model, really great work Torque Thrust wheels look fantastic too.  I have just ordered a set of these but replicas on a VW wide 5 stud pattern for s 57 VW Splitty bus project.  They are being made now.

Great job and photos

Chris

Jacek, A wonderful job throughout. Opening and hinged panels, upholstery, details, presentation and photography.

One hint for your next one in this scale; use thinner plug wires. In this scale they should be .28MM or close to it. B)

C

Gorgeous job here Coppercat on this classic deuce coupe. Love everything here, even the red painted mags! The detailing on the engine and various handles and body mounted hardware is impressive.

You did a great job on incorporating the opening doors and trunk: did you have to use two bodies to perform this operation?

Your photos are equally wonderful but I do have one request: please add a photo of the underside of the chassis if you can. Thanks for sharing!

PS - love the Boss too but his ‘69 Chevy had a 396 for which I’ve read Fuelie heads weren’t available (but it made for great lyrics 😁)

Edited by nearsightedjohn
Grammar and content
  • Haha 1

Its got legs, it knows how to use them.... :)

What a lovely build, gorgeous paintjob and a fabulous interior. Great engine and the band are looking good too!!

Top work, :welcome: to the forums!

Keith

Thank you all for the kind words.

If anyone would like to know the details of the model's creation, please visit my workshop:

ford-32-3-window-coupe-revell-1:25

Unfortunately in Polish. If necessary, I can help. I am happy to explain and add what you need.

Again, thank you for the warm acceptance :clap2:

Edited by Coppercat

4 hours ago, Codger said:

Jacek, A wonderful job throughout. Opening and hinged panels, upholstery, details, presentation and photography.

One hint for your next one in this scale; use thinner plug wires. In this scale they should be .28MM or close to it. B)

C

Hi Codger 🙂

Now I would not use such thick wires (0.45 mm). You're right, they should be around 0.3mm. I made the model a few years ago. I will show my newer works soon. There I tried not to make such mistakes.

Jacek

• Like 1

FABULOUS!!! What a great Hot Rod. 

You are sure that's the model from the box and not the original 1:1 car? 

Even the 3 Texan guys look better than originally 😇😎

Marco F 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anteater said:

Fantastic. You say the cabin lighting illuminates when you open the door. How does that work, then? 

I installed neodymium magnets in the door. There are reed switches hidden in the car body. When the door is closed, the magnets act on the reed switch and the lighting goes out. With the door open (no matter which), the distant magnet no longer works on the reed switch. The reed switch contacts are short-circuited and the lighting turns on.

Reed switch (there are different types):

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Toryu said:

That's absolutely fantastic, and the hippies crown it!

I'm not sure the guys from ZZ Top would appreciate being called hippies, being from Texas and all 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

being from Texas and all 🙂 

O yes, they‘re super tough heavy metalists of course!

• Like 1