British Airways A321-251NX in 1/144

Here is my finished Revell Airbus A321-251NX in 1/144 scale and in British Airways colours registration G-NEOS. G-NEOS has a convertible cabin and is able to operate in full economy mode when being used on charters.

The box was a simple OOB one with the decals being provided by RichW. The Revell kit is a good one and goes together really well. I am still torn between which one I prefer out of this or the Zvezda one. I think the fact the Zvezda one adds the antennae after is good as it helps with the filling and sanding of the fuselage during assembly. However, the surface details on the Revell kit are excellent. Paints used were Halfords appliance white and Fiat Capri blue for the fuselage and engine nacelles. Holts grey for the wings and stabilisers. Revell’s Aqua range for the metals and tyres. 

The decals are excellent once again having used them several times in the past. This is the first one I’ve used from Rich that incorporated the photo real windows on them. I love how they bring a sense of realism to the model. It felt strange applying over wing exits and the relevant wing markings on an A321 but I love the cabin flex layout designed by Airbus. 

Thank you for looking and as always comments and feedback are always greatly appreciated. This is going be one of a line of models I’ll be displaying in the coming weeks. My bench is full at the moment!

Regards,

Alistair 

BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX BA A321-251NX

• Like 39

That's superb Alistair. A really excellent result.

I didn't realise RichW had started including photo real windows. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the Revell kit. I really didn't like it when I tried building it last year. My example is still unfinished and I don't know if it will go any further. I've bought a Zvezda A320 NEO and we'll see how that goes in due course. 

All the best and welcome back

Dave G

• Like 1

Superb build.

First time to see the Revell A312NEO build up.

I heard mixed critics about this kit,so its nice to see that its a good kit.

Hopefully I can get mine started soon,but my bench is also quite full at the moment with lots of projects...

• Like 1

Very nice build! Once again…the A321 is well done here. The BA livery is so stately and makes this airplane look royal. Love the windows…and grat attention to detail. It’s always the little things that count the most! Nice job indeed! 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi Alistair,

You've made a real stunner from the kit, really like the paintjob and decal work, a truly flawless build.

Just wondering how do you ensure that the colours on the bottom of the aircraft remain horizontal and still wrap around nicely? I don't trust my eye when masking due to the natural tapering of the fuselage at the nose and tail. When I can follow horizontal panel-lines at the fuselage's largest girth its fine but as soon as the model tapers I run into problems. I'm thinking of using a jig and a waterline marker but being on a super tight budget I can't afford to splash out on them sadly at the moment.

Cheers,

Mark