Trumpeter 1:144 Avro Vulcan take off build

So I've been asked to do a custom build for a friend, he asked for a 1:144 Vulcan, thankfully I knew the LHS had one on the shelves so could pick that up straight away. I've got the Hataka cold war RAF set in the post. Excellent start. Checked which bomb bay he wanted (conventional) and if he wanted the undercarriage up or down (down). That meant it would need a base of some kind, so I showed him the V Bomber base from Coastal Kits, liked that. Then he suggests doing it taking off so I've got a blurred runway on order, a trumpeter display case arrived this evening. If I do it rotating I need to do surgery on the tiny undercarriage so my options are one acrylic rod under the centre of the aircraft having just lifted off, or 4x 5mm rods coming from the engines. I'm kind of loathed to drill a big hole in the underside. Any one got any other ideas?

TIA 

Chris

You could glue a ceramic magnet inside the belly, and another on the end of a clear rod. I’ve done this a couple of times with good success. Just make sure you get the polarity correct so the magnets attract each other. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Top Notch mask set for this and to be honest I'm a bit disappointed, there's no allowance for a surface that's curved (like the engines on the underside) top and bottom halves don't match up, the entire nose masks are a completely different shape...

Yeah I wouldn't use a mask set for the camo. Vulcan camo varied from aircraft to aircraft, it's best to use something like blue tack and just do it yourself. 

What airframe are you doing? The Trumpeter kit is a bit of a pain if you want to do anything that isn't a 2 ECM plate Vulcan

• Like 1